Chapter 17

WEDNESDAY - WHINING FRIENDS

She woke up feeling cramps on her neck, her eyes roamed her surrounding, she was in the living room and the television was switched on to Universal Tv. She tried to stand up and reach for the remote but she couldn't as her sister was sprawled on her, her weight stopping the mute girl from moving.

She and Kemi had talked a lot the previous night, she told Kemi of how she ditched lesson and went to the joint. How she and Henry kissed, her first kiss. But she didn't tell her sister about the breakdown that the kiss had caused for her. Kemi talked to her about Tobi, how they had reconciled and how they were back together much to Anna's dismay. Tobi didn't deserve someone as wonderful as her sister especially since he didn't seem to understand her worth. Although she had tried to make her sister understand that getting back with the buffoon was not worth it, Kemi wasn't having any of it and she changed the topic by suggesting they binge watch a Bollywood movie. Anna refused, she hated those telenovelas and she refused to be caught up with them so they settled with Universal Tv instead. They had probably fallen asleep after the third or fourth show.

She reached for her phone which was much closer to her than the remote. There was a goodnight text message from Henry and she couldn't stop the smile tugging at her lips. She was excited to meet him in the evening. Her eyes went to the time and she swore she almost had a heart attack. School already started and there she was just waking up. She pushed her sister off of her and the sleeping girl didn't even stir. She rushed to the bathroom and she quickly freshened up and brushed her teeth before she ran butt naked to her room. She retrieved her towel and dried up her body and her wet hair. She dressed up as quick as she could not even creaming her body. She combed her hair back before rushing to the living room where her sister was. She shook her sister awake and she shoved her phone in her face, showing her the time it was. Kemi sluggishly stood up as Anna went for her school bag and her tie. When she came back she saw a Five Hundred Naira note on the  table and a sleeping Kemi on the floor she rolled her eyes before grabbing the money and hurrying out. She wasn't bringing back any change.
She was almost outside the gate when she heard Kemi's voice faintly calling her name from inside the house. She begrudgingly hurried inside to see her sister half awake on the floor.
"Be safe." Her sister said before falling back right to sleep. Anna stared right at her, shocked and annoyed. It took every bit of self control she had to not pounce on her sister and have a cat fight. She took in a breath and hurried out of the house finally.

She stepped in through the school gates,  the field was supposed to be empty but it wasn't. She almost stepped back at how many people were there but she stopped, gathering all the courage she could muster and making her way into the school. She tried to dodge the handful of crowd that was gathered in the middle of the field but she sneaked them a glance to see Oma standing there but no Precious. She hurried up the stairs to her class that she found empty. A frown pulled at her lips so she decided to drop her bag and just go search for the rest of her classmates. She went to the physics lab, the biology lab the chemistry lab, the computer room, the vocal room. But she saw no sign of them. She was already exhausted and all she wanted to do was sit down and continue her sleep from earlier on. She was about to go downstairs to meet Oma when she remembered one place that she had not gone to... The Arts and Crafts room. She reluctantly went there, she didn't think that they were going to be there as none of her classmates offered Arts and Crafts it was only for the junior students.

She got there to see some of her class mates gisting and joking around as they were covered in glitters. The others were working with art materials as they tried to make whatever it was they were making come out nice.  She saw Precious in the far end handling a paint brush with so much concentration on her face as she listened to Aliya talk. Anna walked toward the two of them and sat right in front of them looking down at the board that her friend was making really pretty.