Chapter 27

SATURDAY - SEVERE PAIN

One week, it had been one week and a day since she was stuck in that God awful place. A week of total torture and pain. Pain so grave that the mere thought of it scared her. It left her sleepless at night, had her fearing what was next as every session of pain and torture was always worse than the last.
A week of isolation, she had met only that evil and sick man since her horrible stay in the dark. Although one time when he was busy carving words on her back, a little boy had come down the stairs scaring the both of them.

    He had just beaten her up to a pulp as he threw a fit of how she never talked to him. Her body was still wet and cool from being woken up with the coldest of waters. It was the only form of bath she had managed to get. She was laid on the floor, her back facing the ceiling as he made her lay like a starfish. He was rested on her - straddling her naked back as he brought down the cold blade to her back. She was too weak to yell out in pain, only letting out whimpers in protest even too weak to struggle. She could feel the blood dripping down her back, it didn't seem to be much though.

"You know what I'm waiting for Anna!! You have to talk to me." He cooed to her like she was a small child.
"Beg me Anna. Beg." And she was about to do just that if not for the small pitter patter of footsteps descending down the stairs. She tensed up, wondering if he had finally decided to share her with anyone. She looked up and saw through blurry eyes, something that had her calming down a bit. A young boy, probably his son.

"Abubakar!! I told you to stay still and to not come here." He boomed with anger at the young boy.

"Ont food!!" The probably four year old boy said in his defence.

"Get out!!!!" He yelled scaring both herself and the boy. And in a few seconds, the boy had already headed up the stairs.

    She made herself comfortable, well as comfortable as she could get with a chained collar clamped to her neck... Like a prisoner, like a dog.  Her tummy growled in protest, she was starving having only eaten twice or thrice since she was there. It was like he wanted her weak, and weak she was.

She had woken up hours ago, and waited for any movement, any sign that he was going to hurt her but she hadn't gotten any.
She really wanted to believe that he was giving her a break that day but it was hard to believe that when the last time he did give her a break was two days after her first beating. After that, it had always been mind games, he'd stall and make her believe that she was safe for that day only for him to come down to her with his sadistic smile and malicious smirk. She hated every bit of it and she hated that slowly but surely, she was getting used to it like the first time she had been there.

The opening and closing of the door above her and the heavy descending foot steps had her confirming that it truly wasn't a free day for her. Soon, his two feet were right in front of her face, adorned in thick leather boots. She had witnessed first hand how those boots felt against her skin.

"Get up!!" He ordered and she knew better than to stall or ignore his order. She tried to get up on her feet but fell on the floor soon after. Then she tried again, going on her fours first as she took her time to breath in and out. He didn't like that she was taking so long and he seemed to snap.

"I said get up!!" He sent a kick to her stomach, knocking the very little wind from her and successfully knocking her down. She met the ground with a thud and a groan, her body screaming in protest as even the slightest movement hurt.

Using the chain that was hooked to her collar, he dragged her up from her pitiful state, making her stand on her two wobbly feet only to throw her back to the floor with a kick to her weak legs.