Chapter 19

FRIDAY - FATTY BIRTHDAY

Avicii's Broken Arrows sang softly in her room as she sat at her table. She nodded her head to the music, she had always been a fan of Avicii and listening to his song managed to calm her down and give her hope. Her taste of music had always been peculiar, she had no particular genre that she was obsessed with, all that mattered was the lyrics and the tune. She loved a song with meaning, like Alessia Cara said, 'just listen to some music with message.' She loved music, and so she only listened to the best. But that didn't stop her from going after the tunes. She would normally go for slow paced songs or maybe soothing tunes but then there were times she craved to hear Burna boy's Afro-fusion or like every other girl her age, she just wanted to groove and move to Fireboy. She was an all rounder for music, like stories they were non-living things that she had thought to be living.

As she sat at that table, she managed to balance the tune and the words entering her head. Waking up in the middle of the night because of a nightmare wasn't very pleasant. She couldn't go back to sleep, pacing her room in the dark as she tried to calm herself down. She was terrified to lay on her bed and fall asleep, in fear of what would get to her. The nightmares always had her gasping for breath as she tries to reach for the surface of whatever pit she was in. She decided that it was better to stay up, since she had to get up earlier than usual to get to school early. She went to the light switch and turned on the light, deciding to pass time by updating her story that she had forsaken for about a week.

She had searched for her story book for about half an hour almost at the brink of having an anxiety attack before remembering that she had given it to Henry. She breathed a sigh, feeling more at ease as she realised that her book wasn't in danger it was safe with the boy she liked. Deciding that it was best if she simply read through one of her old story and edit it along the way, she grabbed the box under her bed and collected the dusty book on top, the one she had written last. To go along with the reading, she got her trustee playlist to keep her company in the haunting silence.

She got distracted at a point, and began making a beat with her pen, her eyes closed. Then Avicii's song came to an end and since it was on shuffle, she anticipated the next song.
Awe by Asa began to play and she decided that it was good enough at that point. She lost herself in the song, having little or no work done in the book that was sitting on the table. It was almost to her favorite part of the song when it stopped abruptly, and in it's place was a vibration that had her jerking up. She checked the time, it was 5 am, she had set her alarm to go off earlier than usual so she could make it in time for school. She closed her book before grabbing her bag and rushing for the bathroom, she was excited about the day.

When she was done with the bathroom and dressing up, it was only a little bit after 6 and school was going to start in less than 2hours. She grabbed her school bag, making sure all her books were intact before going for the small sack she kept by her wall. All of the gifts she had for Oma were in there and she couldn't help the smile forming on her lip. It was left for Ayo and Ty and Precious to come very early and it was up to Oma to come to school. It was Oma's birthday.

She woke her sister up, to inform her that she was heading out. She had told her before hand of her plan to go to school very early and her sister agreed with the condition of her going on a bike. Going to school so early in the morning wasn't safe especially not in their side of town. It was fancy but still very dangerous. Kemi got in her flip flops, wore a robe on her very fancy nightwear before leading her sister outside.
"Hurry up Anna I need to go back to sleep." She slurred as she walked  very unattractively out of the house.
By the time they were out of the gates, it seemed as if Kemi was going to fall over.
"Okada!" Kemi managed to let out and luckily for them a bike man stopped waiting for orders and negotiation. After Kemi negotiated the price, Anna carefully put the sack holding her gifts in front of the man on his fuel tank before getting on the back of the bike herself.
"Bye Anna be safe." Kemi called as she made her way inside.