Chapter 26

FRIDAY - FAMILIAR

The banging in her head had her peering her eyes open with a groan even when she wanted to keep them close. Her attempt to try soothe her head with her hands was rendered painfully futile as the restraints she hadn't noticed tugged them back. That had her snapping her eyes wide open in panic. Within a second, everything was rushing to her like a flood of memories. Matilda, the truth being revealed, snapping at Henry and then that voice she dreaded so much.

She felt her body begin to shake terribly in both fear and panic. She knew this all too well.

Taking in her surrounding, it looked so strange yet so familiar. It had to be a different place from the previous time but then the condition with which she was there made it all familiar.

Her hands were tied up to the ceiling, but her feet were still rooted to the ground. The small bits of light seeping from the plenty holes in the once white worn out ceiling was enough to tell her that it was day time but she just didn't know what day it was. Turning and turning, an attempt to somehow ease the cramping in her hands, but it only got his attention.

"You won't get out that easily." He said lowly as he came out of the darkness. She stilled, having not known that she was not alone and as she realised that, she also suddenly noticed the cold wind hitting her bare body.
Once again, she was naked and vulnerable in front of him. As much as she had been in that state in front of him, it still didn't stop how she felt.
She tugged at the restraints one last time earning a chuckle from him.

"You talked!" He stated matter of factly as he walked around her. "I told you not to and you did. You have always been a nonconformist, never following the crowd, doing as you please, never taking instructions. I remembered telling you that it would one day put you in trouble." He stopped right in front of her.
"Now, look where we are now." His hand reached out and his fingers trailed down her cheek. She jerked away from him and he only shook his head smiling.

"If you had just listened to me and kept your mouth shut, then you would have had a little more time to spend with your friends and family. But you were on a roll Annie." He grabbed her chin in a tight hold, as he looked at her as if he was helpless and had no choice.
"And I feared that you'd spill something that would have stopped us from being together."

Anna looked at him in fear, unable to look anywhere even when he released his hold on her. She feared that just a blink of her eyes would have her in a position she'd rather not be in. She shook her head and pleaded with her eyes for him to let her go, but it was almost like he had gone blind and couldn't see.

"So tell me, how have you been?" He questioned her and she only looked at him, unmoving and refusing to talk. It wasn't that she didn't want to talk, it was just that she was scared it was all a trick. Was he trying to make her talk only to hurt her? Or did he want her to actually talk? It didn't matter though because the mere sight of him scared her to silence.

"Why aren't you talking?" He looked much more tensed at that point.
"Are you not happy to be here? Are you not happy to see me?" He actually looked scared and sad at the possibility of her reluctance to be with him which only made her believe that he was sick.

"Answer me!!" He yelled at her as his hand moved up to smack her face, drawing out blood. He held her now throbbing cheek and brought her to face him.  He forced his lips on hers and began kissing her, waiting for a response but didn't get any. He drew back from her and smacked her again.

The pain she felt had her letting out a fit of sobs. She could almost feel as her cheek began to swell. The tears flowed down her cheek, she was back to where she was six years ago, at his mercy.