Chapter 20

FAKERS, LIARS AND HEARTBREAKERS.

Looking at herself in the mirror, the cloth that her sister and friends had made her wear was a black short gown that had a very thin straps as it's arms. It fit her so well, she wondered if it was her body on display. The cloth hung tightly on her, showing her every curves and edges. She ran her fingers down her sides as she checked herself one more time. The black gown had a gold strip going round her waist that made it look like a belt.
She looked fancy, she didn't do fancy. She wondered why she had to dress so much for a stupid party and Oma had told her people were going to dress even more elegant. She threw in a black sneakers instead of the carton coloured wedge her friends had picked out for her. She had on a wig that her sister had given to her. It was long and black and it made her look much more mature. The make up she had on was quite simple but it still made her pretty, bringing out her small black eyes.

She looked pretty, she felt pretty. She let a smile grace her lips as she thought about Henry's reaction when he saw her.

"Come on Anna, smile for the camera." Oma called out as she brought up her Polaroid to take a picture.
Anna passed them an awkward smile which they giggled at.
"Come on guys. Let's get going." Precious said before they headed out. Kemi was driving them, she didn't have a car so she was taking her mother's red Sudan.

"Remember to call me when it's time to come back." Kemi instructed as she pulled in front of the lesson. It was obvious that a party was going on in there, the loud banging of the music was the giveaway. Oma and Precious stepped out leaving Anna with her sister.
"Be safe." She told Anna, "if anything happens text me and I'll be there for you okay?" Anna nodded her head before stepping out, being welcomed by the wonderful smell of cigar and alcohol and she wasn't even inside yet. She moved towards the building, her friends acting as guard by each of her side. They passed by Mr Nat who whistled at them obviously not recognising them. Pervert. Anna had thought to herself while she wore a face of disgust. Oma let out a laugh at the sight of Anna's face, gaining her attention. Oma was dressed in a pink jumpsuit and her heavy make up made her look years older than she really was. Maybe that was why Mr Nat didn't recognise her and was attracted to her. Or maybe it was Precious, the girl with the biggest self esteem that came to the party with a bum short and a crop top along with a yellow sling bag that had a kissy emoticon on the front. Anna knew that she couldn't pull that off. She wondered how her friend was able to step outside without even pulling on her clothes, trying to cover more skin. Precious looked like a lady of the night, she had said so herself and she didn't seem to mind.

They made their way up the stairs where cups laid on the floor along with bottles. When they got to the first floor, the music was already booming in Anna's ears giving her a headache. With the disco lights that made her feel dizzy, she wanted to recoil and go back home but she knew she couldn't, she didn't want to disappoint any one. She saw different people, new faces that she didn't even came to the lesson. It was then it dawned on her, it wasn't a lesson party, it was a club with the lesson building serving as a club.

She turned around to talk to Precious but imagine her surprise when she didn't see any of the girls. She turned a 360 degrees about five times looking like a crazy person before she realised that they were gone. She took it upon herself to go look for them, even though she had spent the last few minutes acting like a crazy person, she was sure that they couldn't have gone too far not with the flood of people cramped in that place.

She spent minutes looking for them, but she saw no sign if them. She didn't even know if they were still in the building. She hadn't even seen anyone one that she recognised, not Ayo or James, not Henry. She suddenly started feeling the anxiety creeping in on her, she was scared and she felt suffocated. She managed to find an empty seat where she settled down to calm down. Her heart was thumping so hard and fast that she could hear its beating in her ears. She felt a lump in her throat, and it felt like she was going to throw up. She took in a breath of air, that was probably the biggest mistake she had made because she choked on a cloud of smoke making her let out a fit of cough. She stood up from the chair after she recovered from the coughing fit and she walked away from the rude guy who wouldn't even say sorry for choking her with his smoke.