Chapter 31

"We've concluded that she has 5 of broken ribs, a broken collar bone that has started to heal as it is, and it would be up to you, all of you to decide if there would be any need to stop the healing process and reset the bone. We already treated and bound her ribs." She heard a deep voice speak, and she could feel someone hands tighten around her own hand. She wanted to open her eyes and see what was happening around her, but it was very hard to do that. She was stiff, unable to move so she just relaxed and listened to the voice speaking.

"She has a lot of open wounds, old and new, some of them opening from her fall out of the car. Her back especially seemed to have been a main focus for what or who had caused them as there are gashes, cuts, and even carvings that may leave scars years after healing." Scars... She seemed to be having more and more of that on her body. Her skin told a tale for her, a tale that even she would find difficult to tell.

"The uhm... Tests we carried out came out uhm... Positive for sexual abuse. Your daughter was raped." She heard someone let out a gut wrenching sob. Her mother. She wanted to comfort her mother but there was only so much she could do when she was paralyzed and distraught at the same time. She didn't want the man telling what she went through, she wanted him to shut up.

"And telling by the wounds around and on her private area, it was more than once. Also we are not sure how but she seems to have lost about three pregnancies. She's been through a lot." Now, the man was just sounding heartless, pouring everything out to her mother with no filter whatsoever.

She didn't hear the last words he said but she heard him leave, and she also heard her father try comfort his crying wife and child. She so badly wanted to see them, her family. After so long, she gets the chance to see them up close and she is unable to even when they were so close to her.

She decided she wasn't going to miss the opportunity, not at all. She struggled to open her eyes, but it seemed the impossible so she did what she thought she could do. She curled her very stiff hands with all the energy she could muster so that she would squeeze the hand of whosoever had her own hand in a grip.
A gasp left the person's mouth.
"Anna squeezed my hand." She heard her sister exclaim.
Anna can you do that again?" She questioned and Anna tried her very best to repeat her action, and she did earning sounds of approval from the people in the room.

"Sissy can you please open your eyes for me?" Kemi begged and Anna wanting to please her and the rest of the family after causing so much trouble, tried to do just that and this time, it worked. Only she had to shut her eyes almost immediately because of how bright the light was. She opened it again, and this time everywhere seemed dimmer.

"Oh my Anna!!" Her mother lunged herself at the girl earning a wince which made her pull back so quickly you'd think Anna's skin burnt her.

"Maa!" Anna croaked out surprising both her parents but they tried to not let it show.
"Take some water." Kemi offered and she took it gulping it down to soothe her burning throat.
"You've been out for so long sis. We were beginning to get worried."
"S...sorry!" She said sheepishly whilst looking down.
"Hey there's nothing to apologise about, it's not your fault. You are absolutely fine." Her sister assured but that didn't seem to register in her head because as she looked up, so fast with dread in her eyes, she could only think of one thing.

"Abubakar!! Wh...where is Ab..abubakar?" She questioned trying to get down from the bed she was laid on.
"Abubakar is fine. Abubakar is the name of that boy you were with right? He's fine. I'd go get him now he's also been asking to see you." Her sister stopped her from getting down before hurrying out of the room they were in.

"Ji mi la wa doctor." Her mother suggested before also exiting the room, leaving only her and her father alone in the room.
He walked to her, steadily and cautiously, almost as though one wrong move would break her into a thousand pieces. She wasn't having any of it though as when he had come really close to her, she flung herself on him.