Part 6

It had been a month since Tom asked me to marry him and we had already set a date! It was 5 months away. Elodie was getting excited and she wanted to know when she could get her dress.

One morning, Nikki, Mum, Elysia, Charlotte and I went wedding dress shopping. I tried on so many but one really made me feel like a princess. "Oh y/n. It's beautiful" Mum cried. "Awh darling" Nikki cried too while comforting Mum. "I think this is the one" I said looking in the mirror. "I think it is!" Charlotte and Elysia squealed in unison. I stood there admiring it for another 5 minutes and then went and took it off. "I would like to take it please!" I said to the assistant. "Of course! And I will sort it out, don't worry". "Thank you!" I replied while walking out of the shop. "Sort what out?" Charlotte asked. "Where are we going for lunch? I'm starving!" I said. I wanted to keep it a surprise. "There's a restaurant down the road" Nikki said suspiciously.

When we had ordered our food, I knew the question was going to be asked. "What is the shop assistant going to sort out y/n?" Mum asked. "Right okay, so she is going to make alterations to the dress because on my wedding day, I will be 6 months pregnant!" I said excitedly. "Omg what!!" Charlotte said jumping up and down. "Omg y/n! Congratulations" Mum said hugging me. "Thank you! But you can't tell Tom as he doesn't know. I want to surprise him" I said quickly. "How about the others?" Elysia asked. "I thought I could tell you lot and then Tom could tell the boys" I replied. "I know how I am going to tell him. I just need to get everything for it" I said.

"Elodie sweetheart, come and sit up here for a minute. I have something to tell you" I said. Elodie came running over and climbed up on the sofa next to me. "Have you got me a dress?" She asked excitedly. I laughed. "No darling. So I have something important to tell you. How would you like a little brother or sister?" I asked her. Her eyes lit up. "Mummy, is there a baby in your tummy?" She asked poking my stomach. "Yes there is!". I laughed at what she was doing. "But Daddy doesn't know yet so when he comes home, I want you to wear this t-shirt and run up to him and give him a hug. Okay?". I had got Elodie a t-shirt which read: 'I've got apple juice in my belly, but my Mum has a baby in hers'. It was really cute. "Okay Mummy. Can I put it on now?" She asked. "Of course".

About 30 minutes later, Tom came home. "Now" I whispered to Elodie. "Daddy!" She shouted as she ran to him. Tom picked her up and hugged her. I followed her into the living room. "Hello darling. How are you?" He asked her. "Good Daddy" she replied. "New shirt?" He said. "Yeah. Read it" she said leaning back. He read it and his eyes grew wide.