Part 8

"Would you like to know the gender?" The nurse asked us. I was now 4 months pregnant and it was 2 months until mine and Tom's wedding. I looked at Tom. "No thank you, we would like a surprise this time" he spoke. We had decided it would be nice. "But daddy" Elodie whined while Tom held her. The nurse laughed at her. "What would you like it to be sweetie?" The nurse asked her. "A boy" Elodie said excitedly. For some reason she didn't want a sister. Her reasons were: "but Mummy, a boy is easier to annoy". She was adamant that she wanted a boy. "What if it isn't a boy darling?" Tom asked Elodie when we were in the car. "I will cry" she said. I couldn't help but laugh. "Well then, let's hope it's a boy" Tom said laughing while putting his hands together.

"So what is it?" Mum said excitedly. "We don't know" I replied. "We wanted to keep it a surprise" Tom added. "You mean we have to wait another 5 months?" Dad said whining a little. "God, I now know where Elodie gets her whining from" I laughed. "Can you find out next time please?" Mum pleaded. "No. We want to keep it a surprise" I said trying to keep calm. "Then why did you find out what Elodie was?" Dad asked. "Because it was only my decision then. But there are two of us now and we have decided not to find out" I snapped. They always knew how to push my buttons. I felt Tom squeeze my hand. "We were only asking. No need to snap" Mum said in a snot. "Come one Elodie, we need to go and see Nanny" I said picking her up. "Yay!!" She screamed excitedly. "Y/n, I did..." Mum started but I cut her off by walking out of the door.

"God! They know how to wined me up!" I said as I walked into the kitchen. Elodie was playing with Paddy and Tessa. "Darling, don't let them" Tom said walking behind me. "What's wrong?" Nikki asked as I sat down at the table. Tom explained. "I know I overreacted but why can't they understand that we want a surprise?" I said putting my head in my hands. "Sweetheart, they are just excited" Nikki said while sitting down opposite me. "I know. I think I'm just scared they are going to change their opinion like they did last time. Plus my hormones are everywhere this time" I said as I began to cry. Tom wrapped his arms around me. "Darling, they won't. If they were not happy, they wouldn't of reacted the way they did when we told them" he said. "That's true" I sniffed. "I'm going to call them and apologise" I said getting up and leaving the room.

"How did it go?" Nikki asked as I walked back into the room. "Yeah good thanks. They understand. Mum said good luck putting up with me and my hormones" I said laughing turning to Tom. "If you get on my nerves, I'm moving back here" he laughed too. "Well then, how do I annoy you then?". Nikki high fived me and we both laughed. "Oh thanks. Love you both. I'll just go and sit with the three people that love me most" Tom said pouting, getting up and going to sit next to Elodie, Paddy and Tessa. Tessa walked off and Paddy turned to Tom and said laughing, "Sam and Harry are my favourite". Nikki and I howled with laughter. "I love you Daddy" Elodie said while sitting in his lap and kissing his cheek. "And I love you too princess" he said giving her a huge hug. "At least someone loves me" he said sticking his tongue out at us. We all burst out laughing.