Part 36

It was two days after my due date and I was getting twinges but it didn't look like the little one was making an appearance anytime soon. Though I could be wrong. I was excited to meet them so I wanted them to hurry up! Plus it was 30 degrees and being pregnant in this heat was not good. Tom and I were outside watching Elodie on the trampoline and Tessa was sunbathing next to me. "I know we shouldn't complain, but it is so bloody hot" Tom said laughing. He was in his swim shorts, filling up the paddling pool. I was laughing too. "How about you get in the pool? A shock might make baby kick the sack open?" Tom said. I looked at him and couldn't contain my laughter. "What?" He asked. "Kick the sack open. Don't you mean, making my waters break?". "Yeah that's the one" he laughed. "Well, 1) you wouldn't be able to tell if my waters broke in the pool and 2) how am I meant to get in and out?". "Good point" Tom agreed.

Once he had finished filling the paddling pool up, Elodie came running over. "Can I go in? Can I go in? Can I go in?" She said excitedly. "Of course poppet" Tom said helping her in. She started splashing and playing with the rubber ducks. "Daddy, please come in" She asked Tom. Tom smiled and got in with her. They splashed each other and played together and it was just so fun to watch them. Suddenly the door bell rung. "I'll get it" Tom said getting out. "You're wet! I'll go" I laughed as I struggled to get up. I waddled to the door and opened it to find Harrison in his swimwear, armbands, a rubber ring and goggles on and Eva laughing at him. "I heard someone had a paddling pool" Harrison smiled. "What the fuck do you look like?" I cried with laughter. "A professional swimmer" he replied. "More like a professional dickhead" Eva cried walking in. I couldn't help but laugh. "So have you?" He asked. "In the back" I laughed while closing the door.

Tom, Elodie and now Harrison were all in the paddling pool. It was cute to watch. Tom and Harrison, even though they were 22, were kids at heart. Eva and I were laughing and taking pictures of them. Elodie was now wearing the rubber ring and she wanted the armbands too. Harrison was trying to get them off, but he couldn't. "Omg are they stuck?" Tom laughed. "Dude it's not funny. I could be cutting my blood supply off here" Harrison responded. I waddled over. "You're not cutting it off because it is still flowing" I said laughing. "Help me please!" He said with a raised voice. Eva came over and started pulling. Everyone was in hysterics apart from Harrison. "What size are they man?" Tom asked while trying to wet them off. "Toddler size" He said quietly. "Toddler size! Haz, how the hell did you get them on?" Tom replied. "I don't know! Now enough chit chat and help me!". Finally we got them off. I was sweating. "Don't put them on again!" I laughed while going back. "Anyone want a drink?" I asked. Everyone replied with a "Yes please". "I'll help you" Eva said following me. As we got into the kitchen, I opened the cupboard and got some glasses out and Elodie's favourite cup too. "Y/n, I'll get them!" Eva said as she reached up. "You shouldn't be doing it either" I laughed. "Well we make a right pair don't we" She said laughing too.

As we were taking the drinks outside, I felt a big twinge. I stopped and dropped a glass which shattered everywhere. "Y/n!" Tom said rushing over. "I'm fine. Just a big twinge" I replied. I passed him the glass that was in my hand and went to get a dustpan and brush. Eva came in after me. I leant over the counter as I felt uncomfortable. I knew Tom and Eva were stood there. "Not going to lie, but I think it's starting" I said standing up and looking at them.