Part 41

"Mummy, can I get a cake please?" Elodie asked me as we were making our way to see Amy at the bakery. It was my first time alone with two children as Tom had to go to some meetings for Spider-Man: Far From Home so I thought I would go and see Amy. "Of course honey" I replied. Freddie was sound asleep in his pushchair and we decided to walk as it was such a beautiful day. "Can we get one for Daddy?" She asked. "How about me?" I asked her while laughing. "And you and Freddie" she smiled. "I don't think Freddie can have it just yet sweetie". "Why?" She asked. "Because he is too young" I replied. "Oh". I smiled at her response and turned the corner to the bakery.

"Cake!" Elodie beamed as I opened the door. Amy turned around a laughed as Elodie ran towards her. Luckily there were no customers in.

"Elodie you cutie, how are you?" Amy said picking her up. "Good thank you" Elodie smiled. Amy came over and gave me a hug too. She then looked at Freddie. "Oh y/n, he is beautiful". She still had Elodie in her arms. "Here Elodie, why don't you go and ask Ben for a cake" Amy said while putting her down. Elodie smiled and ran off to Ben who was behind the counter. I picked Freddie up and handed him to Amy. "Freddie, this is Amy" I cooed at him. She was besotted with him.

Elodie came back over with a huge piece of chocolate cake. "Wow Elodie!" I gasped. I grabbed the plate and put it on the table for her then helped her onto the chair. She dug in straight away. "Mmmmm" she smiled as she took another bite. We all laughed at her. "How is Elodie finding being a big sister then?" Amy asked while still cooing over Freddie. "Yeah she loves him! When he cries, she will immediately come over and tell him everything is going to be alright and then he stops" I beamed. "That is so cute!" Amy smiled. It was cute. In the night, when Freddie starts crying, Elodie comes running in to see if he is okay. It is the sweetest thing. Sometimes she will bring in her duvet and pillow and sleep on the floor next to his crib. They have an unbreakable bond already and he has only been in this world a week. She loves to help me get him dressed and she always shares all of her toys with him. Elodie also loves giving Freddie hugs. Whenever he's finished feeding, she will always say "Please can I hold him?". I thought she was going to be really jealous of him but she isn't and I'm so happy. My life is complete.

"Mummy?" "Mummy?" "MUMMY!". Elodie's  shouting pulled me out of my thoughts. "Sorry darling. Are you okay?" I asked her. "Please can I have my drink?" She asked nicely. "Of course". I got her drink out and gave it to her. That's when I noticed that she had another cake. "Elodie Rose Holland!" I gasped trying not to laugh. "You have just had one cake and if you have another you will ruin your dinner!" I said trying to stay serious. She looked at me with her puppy dogs eyes. "We can take it home and you can have it for your dessert" I smiled. She gave me 'the look' but then seemed to agree. She got up and took her plate to Ben. "Please can you wrap it up for me please?" She asked nicely. "Anything for you sweetie" he smiled sweetly at her. "Honestly, you lot spoil her" I laughed to Amy. "Oh, Harrison and I are going on a sibling bonding day with Lottie tomorrow". "That sounds fun!" Amy smiled. I smiled too. I was looking forward to it and to spending time with just the three of us. I felt like we never had time to but now it was happening and I couldn't be more excited.