~Lavender~

~Rebels Point Of View~

Me and Sofia, or I mean Grey have been walking for two days

Me and Sofia, or I mean Grey have been walking for two days. We slept on the forest floor or in a tree.

My legs hurt, I'm tired, we barely have any food left and we have yet to find a town. Worst of all, I stink really bad.

Grey has taken the lead over the mission, as I like to call it. She decides when we rest and which direction we're going in.

At the moment she's leading us up a hillside. She said she wanted to get an overview of our surroundings.

I'm out of breath and struggle to go any further. My backpack isn't heavy but heavy enough to slow me down even more than my bad endurance.

"You have got to see this!" Grey shouts from up the hill.

"I'll be there in a, in a bit, patience my friend." I say. Eventually, I get up on hands and feet.

I pull myself up from the ground with help of a very kind aspen tree. I sigh in relief and smile proudly, I nailed that.

"Now look." Grey says and points down. I follow her finger a find a beautiful lavender field stretched out over hectares of land. The small purple flowers seem to light up in the morning sun.

Lavender is the best, I love purple and the smell is even better.

I take a step forward but trip fallen branch. Within seconds I'm rolling down the hill. The strap of my backpack breaks halfway but I keep spinning.

When I finally stop I'm surrounded by the rich sent of lavender. My mother always smelled like lavender, she also used to put lavender sent on my pillow whenever I couldn't sleep. I smile a the memory and saver the comforting smell.

Fast food steps approach me in the distance.

"Are you okay?!" Grey asks panicked.

I push myself up with my elbows, "yeah." I say and look at Grey from under the hood of my raincoat. She laughs at me hand offers me her hand.

We stayed in the field for a little but had to get moving again. Grey spotted something in the distance when she was on the hill. It looked like a town so that is where we're headed.

We leave the field behind and enter the forest. It's still early but the temperature is already rising.

A branch snaps close by.

My blood runs cold, he didn't find us did he? It has been three days and I'm still far from eighteen years old!

I spin around and drop my bag from my arms as I spot two small brown wolves no more than ten feet away from us.

They stare at us and bare their teeth in a threatening way. Their eyes are light brown and have something human to them.

One of the two disappears behind a tree and changes. It comes back as a he. A boy not older than thirteen dressed in only a pair of baseball shorts points a finger at us as he asks, "What are you doing on our land rouges?"