~True wolf~

~Ryder's Point Of View~

~

I rush after the girls without thinking.

I find the both of the hidden in one of the upstairs room, in a bedroom filled with toys.

They're terrified. Of both what they saw and now me.

What have we done? These are just children...

Should I put them out of their misery? No of course not.

I want to walk up to them but the girls start throwing all kinds of toys in my direction.

I let out a warning growl for them to stop but they don't, not until the floor around the is clean.

One of the girls looks straight at me. Her deep blue eyes show nothing but determination as she stands just before her friend.

The other girl on the other hand is shaking with fear. She somewhat hides behind her friend and doesn't look at me.

I'm about to talk to them, to tell them that it'll be alright, that I won't let anything happen to them- even if I don't know how yet.

But then the girl sobs and our eyes meet.

Her tear filled, soft brown eyes trigger something inside me.

'Mate' my wolf says loud and clear.

My feet carry themselves until I'm right in front of her. My wolf takes over and pulls her into my arms

This can't be. Now not, not she, I think but can't stop the word slipping from my mouth, "Mine."

Her hands press against my chest and somehow manage to create some space between us.

"No..." She whispers in realization. Her soft brown eyes are filled with tears.

I make the connection quickly.

She's her sister.

I just killed her sister, her mother and her father all right in front of her eyes.

I did to her what has been done to me but than so much worse.

Something flies through the air and hits the side of my head. The other girl threw her shoe but it didn't bother me that much.

"How old are you." I question a little too agressief.

"I..I.." She stutters.