~Not eighteen yet~

~Rebels Point Of View~

We're going.

Just a couple more hours.

We're leaving at night, hopefully before midnight. I should probably get some sleep if we want to be sailing through the night but I'm too full of adrenaline.

There's a favorable northeast wind and the sky should be clear by tonight. It rains lightly at the moment and the sky feels just as anxious as I feel.

I sigh and lean forward to rest my elbows on knees and my head on my hands.

"Stop that." Grey barks from her position in the rocking chair. She looks up from her phone and glares at me.

"Stop what?" I question.

"You're tapping your feet, it's annoying." She points out.

I sigh again and pull my legs up with me on the bench before resting my head on my knees.

Nothing can go wrong, we planned everything.

But what if it does go wrong? What if he find out and he is already waiting for me or what if he comes here sooner than expected?

What will happen if we do escape and he comes here tomorrow?

The porch creeks under the weight of footsteps. Grayson walks down the steps with Kiki on his shoulders. They play on the lawn while Emma takes a seat next to my on the bench.

I don't want to leave behind this family but staying was never an option.

Emma pulls me into her side, I let my head fall onto her shoulder and bridge my legs over hers. Her hand finds my back and start rubbing soothing circles.

"It's going to be okay." Emma whispers. My eyes tear up but I don't cry, the sky does that for me.

~

"Socks!" I exclaim and run to my closet. I grab two pairs of socks, one for in my bag and one to wear right now.

Midnight is nearing.

"Where are my boots?" I ask out loud.

"Under your bed." Grey says from her position in the doorway. I find my boots under my bed and pull them on.

I'm checking everything even though we still have about one to two hours.

"Sunglasses!" I exclaim and run over to my desk. I find my sunglasses along with a pack of bandages and scissors. I rush over to my bed and place the items in my small black backpack.

The others will arrive soon, then we can really start preparing.

"What else do I need?" I question out loud.

Our plan was simple in the beginning, just slip away in the middle of the night before anyone will notice.

We came across complications later on.