~Breakfast~

~Rebels Point Of View~

I wake up in a small cramped space. I stretch my arms only to find a wall near my head.

I open my eyes and see a room. My room. My old room.

It's either dusk or dawn but my point is that it's nearly dark.

I'm in my bed tucked in the corner of the room. I always preferred the smallest spaces to sleep but I have grown since then.

I sit up in the small twin sized bed and look around the room. It is oddly tidy, not like I used to have it. The toys are set on the dresser and in boxes.

I hear footsteps coming from the hallway. Doors slam and someone calls out.

My heart begins to race.

Is it him? The man with the poisonous green eyes?

The door of my old bedroom slams open and fills the room with light.

I can see a silhouet but it gets clearer as the person comes closer.

"Wendy?" I question.

Wendy hurries towards the bed and tackles me down in a hug.

"Oh thank the goddess, it worked." She whispers as she releases me from her arms.

I look at my older sister in confusion. "What worked?"

"You have to get out." Wendy exclaims, her brown eyes filled with worry.

"Out of what-"

"Out of Madrid, out of the country." Wendy cuts me off historically. "He had no use for me ever since he turned me, when he found out he held onto me until I escaped."

"What are you talking about?"

"You're in danger! You have to run Ara, don't let him take you." Is the last thing my sister says before everything turns dark.

~

I wake up with a peaceful warmth around me and a pleasant weight over my waist.

The scent of cedar surrounds me. I take a deep breath and relax even more.

I snuggle into the blanket but quickly stop when the weight around my waist moves.

My eyes flutter open to see an arm wrapped around my waist. I feel steady breathing behind me.

I slowly look back to see my mate sound asleep.

This time I don't startle because I have last night memory still fresh on my mind.

Ryder explained to me that he could feel something was off once he left last night so he came back. He followed my scent to the roof.

I didn't even know the bond was that strong.

We stayed there for hours. I wanted to cry the whole time but as Ryder just held me I calmed down.