Purpose

Date Started: 5.15.18
Date Finished: 6.6.18
Summary: The Styles family gets in danger due to Harry's job as a detective with an unsolved case.

H A R R Y

My eyes slowly open at the sound of my alarm and my free hand almost automatically moves to turn it off.

I turn to look at the other side and see my beautiful wife facing me, with her eyes closed and her whole face looking so angelic and peaceful. I placed my lips on her forehead letting it linger there as my hand found it's way on her bump.

"You know, you gotta stop waking me up this way" I hear her small voice as I pulled away, her chocolate brown eyes meeting my emerald green ones.

"I don't want to stop" I whisper before leaning in for a kiss on her lips.

We pull away and my eyes meet hers once again with a hint of playfulness in it. "That's what I love about you, you know. You never give up but it's also one of the most annoying things about you"

She quickly sits up and my eyes widen at her actions. "Ariana, please be more careful and atleast tell me before so I could help you"

"Oh please, I'm a eight-month old pregnant lady not a porcelain doll" She rolls her eyes at me as she wears her fuzzy bunny slippers.

"You're not but I'm supposed to treat you like one, so please be more careful" I catch up to her fast movements as I helped her down the stairs by carrying her bridal-style, earning a loud squeal and a smack at the back of my head.

"I swear to god, Styles if you ever do that to me again. I'd kill you with my bare hands and make it look like an accident" Her eyes narrow at me as I carefully placed her back down on the floor, laughing at her words.

"Be more careful and I won't try to do it again" I boop my forefinger on her nose and she scrunches her face up as I do.

"I should be the one always telling you that since you're the one who's life is always on the line" She murmurs but I hear her and I frown as I stood there frozen while she prepares to cook breakfast.

I sighed, running my hands through my hair in frustration. "We've talked about this, Ariana. I'm not giving up on the force!"

"Well, I did and I think you should too!" She yells back at me just as louder.

"Y-You think giving up my badge was easy for me?! I retired because I did it for us! I did it for our daughter, I did it for our family!" I watched as her eyes filled with tears.

"So why couldn't you do the same?" Her voice cracks and my mouth opens to speak again but was cut off by a small voice.

"Mommy? Daddy?" We hear from up the stairs and Ariana was quick enough to wipe the tears that eventually fell, then continued on to cook.

"Yes, sweeatheart. What is it?" I watch as her small figure goes down the stairs, holding her favorite stuff toy.

"Are you and mommy fighting?" She says as she gently scratches her right eye.

"No, honey. Mommy and I were just talking. Did we wake you?" I asked her while she walks over to me.

"Yes" She says and I look over at Ariana to see her already staring back before I wrap my arms around Darcy, pulling her up and placing her onto my hips.