Purpose Pt. 2

Date Started: 6.10.18
Date Finished: 6.11.18
Summary: The Styles family gets in danger due to Harry's job as a detective with an unsolved case.

H A R R Y

"She told me to quit the force again, Michael" I sighed as I sat down infront of my desk across from my partner, Michael.

"Maybe you should listen to her then. She wouldn't want to remind you to quit the force for like, what? The 900th time now does she?" He sarcastically replies and I roll my eyes at him while I chuckle.

"You know how much being apart of the force means to me but I promised to her that I would quit tomorrow" I looked down as my voice becomes lower and softer so he wouldn't hear it but he unfortunately did.

"Wait, what? You're quitting on me, mate?!" Michael leaves his desk and slams his fist onto mine, catching the attention of the entire office.

"I promised her that I after I solved this case with the Black Captain, I would quit" I explained myself to him, finally making eye contact with him.

"You do realize that we've been trying to catch this mutherfucker for two years now right?" He says and I shake my head at him.

"I do realize that but we're finally going to get him tonight. We already have an intel on where's he's staying and where the exchange will take place!" I reason out with him.

"But he's the most murderous criminal of this entire town! Do you think that it would be easy just like that?!" He exclaims as he snaps his fingers.

"I don't think so, I know so!" I pause as I stood, catching half of the office's attention again.

We stare into each other's eyes for a moment before Michael sighs as he looks down, finally agreeing with my decision.

"I just want you to know that you're taking a huge risk here and that you're playing a very dangerous game here, H. Are you sure that you have thought this through?" He asks me and my mind instantly flashes on Darcy and my little boy in Ariana's womb.

"I have and it's to get that son of a bitch once and for all. People's safety is my main priority here. Once we have him, Ariana and I finally get to rest and focus entirely on our family." I say, my voice stern.

"It's not that just simple, Harry" Michael sighs, his eyes showing worry and sadness.

"Says the one who lost everything" My mouth spits before I even had thought about it.

I watch as Michael's eyes change emotions from sadness, to hurt and to anger as his eyes narrow on me. "Oh yeah? Then I'm not supposed to be the one who's worrying his ass off for his partner's pregnant wife and daughter. For heaven's sake Harry, I have nothing left to lose here but you have! So here's a little advice from me H, think very carefully before you act. We all know how this Black Captain thinks. He's an evil genius. Every step we take closer to him, he's already two steps farther ahead. Right now, he might be even watching our every move" Michael says before walking away and I was left with my uncertain thoughts as I stare into nothing but space. He's right, how dumb could I possibly be? Thinking that I could just catch someone like the Black Captain when he's one of the smartest criminals out there.

-

Me and Michael eventually made up from our small fight in the office earlier on just in time before our stakeout.

We now sat in Michael's Volvo, parked a few blocks away from a five-star hotel in which the Black Captain is reportedly staying at for the night during his exchange with certain mafia leaders that we would also be taking downtown.