Prologue

She moaned when his lips moved to her neck as his hands groped her waist. She was still fully clothed but she can already feel the heat emanating from both of their bodies. He was kissing her senseless while they lie on the sand, side by side. She was having a hard time catching her breath as she unbuttons his polo. When she succeeded, her hands started caressing his bare chest, feeling every hard muscle in his lean body. He moved on top of her as he continued to devour her lips, coaxing into her mouth while her hands snaked around his back, moving up and down as she was tracing the lines of his well-toned back. He groaned in her mouth when her hands fell into his perfectly shaped bum, squeezing it tight. He pressed himself into her and she gasped when she felt something hard poking her still clothed core.

AaaahhRrrjaaay...

UghhnnnNnni...cki...
Nicki...

Hhmmmm...

"Nicki..."

Hhhmmmm?

"Beshie..."

Haaaaaa?!

"Huuuuy...besh!"

When Sheena's voice suddenly registered on her head, her eyes flew open. And in an instant, she was back to her senses. She's still breathing hard as she scanned her surroundings. She turned to her side and saw her best friend Sheena looking so worried as they both lie next to each other.

It was just a dream! Napanaginipan
na naman kita. Fuck it! Why are you
still haunting me in my dreams?

"Gahd Beshie! Kanina pa kita ginigising! I think you're having a bad dream of some sort. Umuungol ka na naman eh. Kinabahan ako. Okay ka na?!"

She nodded in response then lay flat on her back. She shut her eyes tight and put her arm over it, still heavily breathing.

Shit RJ! What are you doing to me?
Shit! Gago ka talaga! Gahd! Shit!

"Ok good! Bangon na tayo so we can have brekky first bago tayo mag-enroll."

Sheena rose from the bed but Nicki stayed still, now staring blankly at her ceiling as her mind wandered with thoughts of RJ. She didn't even hear what Sheena just said. Sheena saw this and she felt the pain in her heart as she looked at Nicki. She knew Nicki dreamt of RJ because she heard her say his name earlier. No, scratch that. She actually heard her moan his name.

It wasn't actually the first time she heard it. She first heard it when Nicki invited her to sleepover a week after they got back in Manila. She was surprised that when she came, Nicki was already tipsy, drinking Sangria all by herself. She didn't know what really happened then but she already had a hunch why Nicki was acting a bit crazy ever since they got back to Manila. That night, Nicki got so drunk and she cried herself to sleep. Sheena was awakened when she heard Nicki groaned in her sleep, saying his name over and over. She realized that Nicki must be having these dreams of RJ that she wouldn't wanna tell anyone. Not even her best friend. Since that morning when they got back to Manila, Nicki would avoid conversations that would make her remember or she would quickly end the story with the infamous line "What happens in Boracay, stays in Boracay!". Whenever Sheena would ask how she's coping with everything, she would easily answer it with a resounding "yes, i'm feeling great" or "i'm perfectly fine" but then her eyes would betray her. Sheena noticed how her best friend pretended to be okay even when she can see the sadness, the regret, and the pain in her eyes. She wanted to take the pain away and help her but Nicki wouldn't open up about how she truly feels. She felt really bad for her best friend that she pushed her to that stupid jerk. That night, she promised herself to not meddle with Nicki's love life again.

She contemplated whether to wake her up and brought her back to reality or let her finish having that kind of a "steamy" dream with RJ. Off course she picked the former because knowing Nicki, well, she would definitely reprimand herself again and again if she let something happen between them even if it's just a dream. Baby pa ang best friend niya pagdating sa love department, ni hindi pa nga nagkakaboyfriend eh. So technically, wala pa siyang masyadong alam pagdating sa intimacy na yan. Her relationship with Joaquin was not even counted because well, it ended too soon. As in wala pang 24 hours tapos na ang relasyon. Kaya hindi talaga counted yun. So tama lang talaga na ginising niya si Nicki.

Anyway, going back, she's probably hating herself more because upto now she still can't get over that bedimpled guy. And even if she kept being mum about it, Sheena knew she still thinks of him. Kahit pa todo ang pagiging bubbly niya para hindi mahalata, alam na alam ni Sheena na hanggang ngayon iniisip pa rin niya yung gagong RJ na yun. Hindi nga alam ni Sheena kung paano naging posible ang lahat. Na sa sandaling nagkakilala si RJ at itong best friend niya, hulog na hulog si Nicki. Lunod na lunod siya sa nararamdaman. Yet now, walang lifeguard na magsasalba. Walang lifebuoy na makakapitan. Kaya naman sising-sisi talaga siya sa sarili dahil siya ang nagpumilit kay Nicki. Masyado kasi siyang naexcite sa idea na magkakajowa na ang best friend niya. First time niya kasi nakita kay Nicki yung kilig at ngiti na umaabot hanggang sa mga mata. Akala niya yun na yun. Kasi parang eksakto ang timing ng lahat. Parang yun talaga ang pinlano ni universe. She really thought there would be something more to it than what happened in Boracay. Yun nga lang, hanggang Boracay lang pala ang lahat. Mali pala ang intindi niya sa signs ni universe. Kaya heto siya ngayon, patiently waiting lang kay Nicki na mag-open up kahit na sobrang obvious na ng lungkot sa mata niya. She sat back on the bed and shook her again.

"Huy Nics! Are you really okay na? You're scaring me besh. Natutulala ka dyan. Magkukwento ka na ba? Bad dream na naman ba Nicki?"

Nicki heaved a deep breath before she sat up in her bed then she turned to Sheena.

"No, it's not a bad dream. It's more like a nightmare to me. Thanks for waking me up, Sheens! Okay na ko. Mauuna na kong maligo."

That was all she said then she absentmindedly walked straight to the bathroom and shut the door. Sheena was shooktd, but she understood her. Hindi pa ready si Nicki magkwento.

And as she waited for Nicki to finish her bath, she realized na hindi pwedeng ganito si Nicki for the rest of their school year. Today, they're gonna be enrolling for their last year in college. Huling taon na, dapat maging memorable. Dapat ienjoy nila ang taon na ito. Kaya naman naisip niya na starting today, she will help her best friend move on from that summer fiasco and get her old self back. Pipilitin niyang magkwento si Nicki para mailabas niya yung talagang nararamdaman niya one last time at para tuluyan na siyang maka-let go. Tapos na ang summer. The school year's about to begin. Hindi na dapat niya dala-dala sa puso niya ang mga nangyari nung summer. Kaya naman today, she promised herself to do everything para naman maenjoy talaga nila ni Nicki itong huling taon nila sa kolehiyo. Kailangan maibalik niya ang focus ni Nicki sa school at sa volleyball. And more importantly, she wanted to bring back the happy-go-lucky and carefree best friend that she has been missing for weeks.

****************
A/N: And the long wait is over! Gulag kayo noh? Ano nga kaya ang nangyari? Bakit galit si Nicki at Sheena kay RJ? Anong ginawa ni RJ?

Abangan natin ang mga susunod na kabanata!😬

Thank you guys for reading!😘

HAPPY 151st WEEKSARY ADN!❤️

Pordalab!😍

Xoxo,
tinkybella16