13 Dine with Friends

Hi guys! Kumusta po kayo? I hope everyone's safe. Still praying for the people greatly affected by the SW Monsoon and the typhoon Karding. Salamat sa mga nagbayanihan sa Social Media para makarating yung tulong sa mga nangangailangan.🙏🏻

Sorry po for the long wait. Super struggle talaga ako sa schedule ngayon. Anyway, here it is. Salamat po sa mga patuloy na nag-aabang sa story ni Nicki at RJ! Love you guys!😘

Enjoy reading!
************************************************
It was 10 minutes before the clock strikes 6 o'clock in the evening when Nicki's class was dismissed. She was happily fixing her things and her excitement did not go unnoticed by her best friend. As soon as they went out of the room, they saw Joaquin waiting outside. It was only then that Nicki was reminded of what happened at the cafeteria during lunch time. Her mood changed in an instant and her feeling of agitation towards the guy came back.

"Hi Sheena! Hi Nicki!" He greeted, but Nicki didn't stop to acknowledge him like she usually does. Instead, she walked passed him and Sheena was confused with the sudden change in Nicki's demeanor.

"Uy Joaqui, what are you doing here?" Sheena asked as she followed her best friend while Joaquin walked along with her.

"Ah, invite ko sana kayo ni Nicki for dinner. My treat. Nagpareserve na ako ng place. Ano, tara?" He proudly asked.

"Wow ah! Bakit bigla ka yatang nagyaya?" Sheena continued to ask as she eyed Nicki who was briskly walking as if she's in a hurry.

"Eh gusto ko pa sanang makasama si Nicki. Eh I'm sure naman hindi siya papayag pag hindi ka kasama, so I invited you na rin." Joaqui replied casually.

Sheena scoffed at his reply and said, "Nakakahiya naman, napilitan ka pa talagang isama ko ha?"

"Hindi naman, syempre friends naman tayo. I just wanted to spend some more time with Nicki kasi. Nabitin ako sa lunch kanina eh. And just so you know, I tol—"

We can't. We're meeting
some friends for dinner.
Nicki cut him off as she stopped
in her tracks and turned to Joaqui.

"Sayang naman yung reservation ko."

It's not my problem anymore.
She answered as she turned her
back from him and walked her
way to the nearest restroom.

But Joaqui wouldn't back down easily as he insisted,
"Dun na lang muna tayo sa resto then magcoffee na lang kayo ng friends mo after. Masarap pa naman dun. I'm sure magugustuhan mo Nicki."

Eh di kumain ka mag-isa mo.
She irritatingly answered as she made a
turn towards the girl's restroom, not
sparing another glance at Joaquin.

All the while, Sheena was just observing their exchanged of words. She noticed how annoyed Nicki was with Joaqui and was puzzled why she suddenly became rude to him. She already had an idea when Joaqui mentioned something about lunch. She knew something happened but she was still clueless about it. And that's what she wanted to find out. So she just nodded at Joaqui and quickly followed her best friend inside the restroom. As soon as she entered, she saw Nicki with both of her hands by the sink staring straight at her reflection in the mirror.

"Uhm, Nics? Care to share what was that all about?" Sheena asked as she stood beside her, looking at Nicki's reflection.

Nakakairita na kasi. Kanina pang lunch nangungulit yun eh. Nicki replied as she pulled out her make-up kit from her bag.