The NCAA Opening Ceremony

Nicki was having a conversation with her teammates, talking about their game schedule and laughing about some random stuff when all of a sudden Sheena caught her attention, nudging her then stepped closer and whispered to her ear.

"Nics, si RJ..."

To say that Nicki was surprised was an understatement. Her heart instantly thumped fast and her breathing became ragged upon the mention of his name. She slowly turned to look at his direction only to be dumbfounded with what was happening before her very eyes. Nabitawan niya ang hawak niyang bola.

Oh my gosh!

Okay na sana eh. Kikiligin na sana si Nicki. But then her forehead creased and her brows furrowed upon seeing how the cheerleader wrapped her arm around his boyfriend. It was like she was watching a scene from a movie where the girl flirtatiously forces herself into a guy who seemed to be annoyed and anxious at the same time as he dismisses the girl.

So this must be the cheerleader
Kristoff's talking about. Hmmmm...
She needs to know her place.
RJ is mine! Only mine!

Hindi niya alam kung matatawa ba siya dahil sa iritableng itsura ni RJ o lalong maiinis dahil ayaw pa rin itong tantanan ng babae at talagang pilit dumidikit sa nobyo niya kahit na obvious naman na lumalayo na ito. Pero mas nangibabaw ang pagkainis niya hindi lang dahil sa kakulitan ng mahaderang babae kundi dahil nagseselos siya sa ginagawa nito.

Aba! Akala yata nito single and ready to mingle yang nilalandi nya. Kung makapulupot sa baby ko kala mo siya ang girlfriend? Who does she think she is?!
She raised her brow as she pinned her gaze on them.

Then without a doubt, she started to move towards her target. Hindi pa nagtatama ang paningin nila ni RJ pero nagsimula na siyang maglakad papunta sa kanila. When their gaze met, she saw the play of emotions in his eyes. Mula sa pagkairita, nagulat ito at pagkatapos ay namutla at kitang-kita ang takot sa mga mata when he opened his mouth and tried to speak but no words came out.

She wanted to laugh at how cute her boyfriend could look like when he was scared and stunned. It was as if all the color in his face just vanished.

Ang puti-puti na nga, namutla pa!
Jusko! Pero ang gwapo pa din!
She thought.

When she saw how the girl started to caress those big biceps of his boyfriend, she instantly saw red. Though it was too obvious how Rj tries to ignore the girl and dismiss her, she couldn't help but feel the jealousy creeping up her skin.

No, no, no! Not his biceps, girl!
Those are mine too! Hintayin mo lang
na makarating ako dyan, girl,
makikita mo ang hinahanap mo!

She was determined to reach them so she walked faster. But then she felt somebody held her arm, stopping her for a while.

"Nics, besh, wait lang. Relax ka lang, beshie. Hindi pa nagsastart yung liga baka masuspend ka na. Malalagot tayo kay Coach Pat nyan, Nics. Please don't make any scene. Mamaya na lang after opening, ako mismo titiris dyan sa nakakairitang babaeng yan!" Sheena whispered as she was trying to pacify and stop her best friend.

But Nicki just glanced at Sheena only to give her a knowing gaze and a silent nod as if saying that she will not back down. Then she continued to walk towards RJ and Andy's direction with fire burning in her eyes. She fiercely walked with an intense stare at her target like a bull determined to reach the red flag.

Sheena and her teammates could only hope that she wouldn't really make a scene and end up suspended. They knew that when Nicki's determined at something, her will cannot be bent. She's headstrong like that. So they all watched and waited on the sidelines for what was about to happen.