25 - The College Dean

As soon as Nicki's second class was dismissed, she immediately stepped out of their room with so many thoughts running in her mind. For one, she felt nervous to face Joaquin after what happened. She doesn't even want to bump into him inside campus. Secondly, she wanted to do something about her anxieties. She felt the need to at least tell their coach or the dean so as to address the issue. She wanted Joaquin to be reprimanded for what he has done. She was silently contemplating on who to report it to as they were walking along the pathway to the cafeteria for lunch. This did not go unnoticed by her best friend. So Sheena nudged her shoulder and took her out of her thoughts.

"Huy besh!"

Huh?

"Bat ang tahimik mo? Gutom lang ba yan o iniisip mo pa din yung kagabi?"

She didn't respond and just continued walking. But Sheena kept on bugging her to speak up.

"Hala! Anyare sayo besh?! Meron ba kong di alam? May nangyari pa ba kagabi? Homayg! Anong nangyari sa inyo ni RJ pagdating sa condo? Ha?! Sabihin mo sa'kin! Ano?!! Umamin ka!"

She shook her head and smiled as she remebered what happened last night and this morning in her room, then in the kitchen. She felt her face suddenly blushed with the thought. She continued walking, still not uttering a word.

"Hala, nabuang na! Ngumingiti ka na mag-isa Nics! Hoy! So may nangyari nga? Umayos ka Nicomaine ah! C'mon! Spill the deets!"

OMG ka! Palagi na lang ganyan
iniisip mo. Hahaha! Para sa
ikapapanatag ng loob mo,
intact pa ang bataan! Okay na?

Sheena stopped on her tracks and face her. She looked deeply into her eyes as if gauging if she's telling the truth. Nicki felt her heartbeat raced but she breathed a sigh of relief when Sheena smiled then they continued their way to the cafeteria.

"Salamat naman! Well, alam ko naman na di mo basta basta bibigay yan. Hindi ka ganun karupok. Tsaka I know how you value those things lalo na yang Vcard mo. Kinakabahan lang ako ng slight kasi syempre si RJ yun eh."

If Sheena only knew what they've done last night and this morning. Most especially in her kitchen counter. She was almost, almost close to giving in. But she was thankful that RJ had it under control too.

Sira ka talaga!
She shook her head again.

"Well, good to know. I'm just making sure. May liga pa tayo ha? At, at gagrad na tayo, pigilin mo muna yang kaharutan mo ha?"

I know. You don't have to worry.

She gave her a meaningful smile. But deep down, she was feeling guilty because she knew her best friend only wanted to protect her. She should do her part and control her urges too. Or if hindi na talaga kayang kontrolin, kailangan niyang masiguro na safe ang lahat. If and when hindi na talaga kayang pigilin. Masyado pa namang hot ang boyfriend niya.

"Oh eh bakit ang tahimik mo? What are you thinking?"
Sheena asked as they reached a vacant table and sat side by side in the cafeteria.

Hmmm? Wala naman. May iniisip lang.

"Ano ba yun? Kwento na kasi. Hindi ako sanay na tahimik kang ganyan besh!"

Ano, naisip ko lang yung kagabi.
Di ko alam if tama ba na ireport ko
kay Dean Carlos o kay Coach Pat.
Natatakot din kasi ako.

"Yun ba?! Gusto mo samahan kita sa dean's office? Bilisan natin kumain para makadaan tayo."

Ayoko na sanang paabutin kay Dean
pero natatakot ako baka kung ano
pang magawa niya. Sa akin. Sa atin.
Truth is, kinakabahan ako. I feel so
unsafe na dito sa campus.
Oa ba ko mag-isip, Sheens?