10 Bad Joke Turned Good

As soon as Nicki sent her message to RJ, she tossed the phone in her bed and went into the bathroom to freshen up. It was quite a long day and she decided to reward herself with a relaxing and refreshing bath. She took her time and carefully went over the things that transpired during the day. It was indeed a rollercoaster of emotions for her. From the moment she saw RJ in their campus, to Sheena reprimanding her, to that time when they saw him and Kristoff at the parking lot, to her best friend leaving her with RJ, to that moment he asked if she wanted to have dinner, to the look in his eyes when she finally agreed, to the silent drive towards the ramen house, to his revelations over dinner, up to that time when he so adorably knocked on her car window and suddenly introduced himself. It felt like her heart jumped over her chest a thousand times over with the way he was making her feel. She's exhaushed, but more than that she's beginning to be confused of her feelings. True that she felt like a heavy burden was lifted off her chest all of a sudden but it didn't change the fact that her feelings for him never faded. She realized that she still likes the guy but she still has her apprehensions. She needs to be more careful this time. She can't be deceived the second time around.

With his recent revelation of what happened in Boracay, her heart truly ached for him. For a moment there, a part of her didn't want to believe him. And yet one look in his soulful eyes and she saw the sincerity in there. She felt his pain, his longing, his regret. And she was feeling remorseful. Because all this time that she was feeling hurt and mad and thought all bad things about him, he, on the other hand, was looking for ways to find her and talk to her. She suddenly felt like her moping for the way he made her feel when he stood her up and left her hanging was all for nothing. It was senseless.

She admitted to herself how she's so naive with these things because truthfully, it didn't cross her mind that something bad might've happened to him that's why she never heard from him after that fateful night. She felt really guilty. But beyond the guilt, she can't deny that there's a sudden surge of happiness in her heart knowing that they already talked things through. That the pain in her heart suddenly melted away. But she knew she needs to be cautious this time and guard her heart. She knew the universe didn't make her feel the pain for nothing. Everything happened so fast with them last summer, and she thought that maybe it's the reason why the universe ended it too soon too. She likes RJ, yes, but she can't just give her heart away again like that. If she's gonna give it another shot, she knew they have to make it right this time. They can't just pick up where they left off.

When she was done pampering herself with a long relaxing shower, she headed to her room, put on her sleepwear and laid in bed. She instantly picked up her phone and checked to see if he got home safe. She saw two message notifications from RJ. She smiled as she read the last one.

Yep! Let's start over Mr. Sparks,
and let's make it right this time around.

She quickly typed in her reply then placed her phone on her bedside table

She quickly typed in her reply then placed her phone on her bedside table. She smiled with thoughts of him but the feeling of exhaustion finally dawned on her as she felt the softness of her bed. She was starting to feel sleepy but got startled when her phone beeped again. She reached for it to read the message. She shook her head as she smiled.