The Lipstick Stain

The issue with Joaquin has already been addressed by Coach Patty when Nicki came to her that same day feeling down and restless. Sinadya nila si Coach Pat sa office as soon as madismiss yung last class nila. Fortunately, maaga itong dumating for the training and they had the talk inside her office with Sheena on her side. She narrated everything that happened the night before and also told her what transpired when she consulted with Dean Carlos. Coach Pat listened attentively and being a woman herself, she couldn't accept the fact that Dean Carlos sided with Joaquin and judged Nicki without investigating the matter further.

"I'm sorry to hear that Nicki. Thank you for trusting me. Mabuti na lang lumapit ka sa akin. Hay naku, ibang klase talaga si Dean kahit kelan. Nakakainis na very obvious ang pagside niya kay Joaquin knowing na mali naman talaga ang ginawa ni Joaquin sayo. Sa inyo. Tsk!"

"Yun nga po Coach. Dean pa naman siya, he should be the one to assess and not just conclude on the matter. Pero parang ang dating pa si Nicki yung may kasalanan at nagpapaasa kaya nangyari ang lahat." Sheena added while Nicki was already on the verge of crying after she narrated everything.

"I swear Coach, never kong pinaasa si Joaquin. After what happened to us in Boracay, I already told him we're better off as friends. Siya lang ang nagpupumilit pa rin sa akin. Now I'm afraid sa kung anong pwede niyang gawin sa amin. Sa akin. I don't feel safe anymore. Sobrang nakakabother po."

"Hay, I never knew na magiging sakit sa ulo yang si Joaquin. Opening pa naman na next week ng NCAA, iniistress niya ang mga players ko. Isa pa itong si Dean Carlos, mukhang wala talaga tayong aasahan sa kanya kung ganyan siya mag-isip. Hindi naman ako papayag na mamroblema kayo about it dahil for sure maaapektuhan ang performance niyo sa game. And i need you to focus. Sige ganito na lang, kakausapin ko si Coach Henry about Joaquin. Then, i'll give you an update about it. For the meantime, after training i'll wait for you guys at sasabayan ko kayo pauwi. Para sure lang na walang mangyayaring gulo after practice. Okay ba yun?"

"Thank you po, Coach. Please know na hindi ko naman po gustong matanggal sa team si Joaquin. I know his capabilities din sa loob ng court. At manghihinayang din ako if mawawala siya sa team. I just want to make sure na hindi na niya ako guguluhin. Kami. And sana po hindi na maulit yung ginawa niya sa boyfriend ko."

"Hmmmm... hindi naman siguro tayo aabot sa pagkatanggal niya sa team. But i will make sure he's gonna be reprimanded for his misconduct. Hindi pwedeng inaagrabyado niya ang players ko. Kaya mag-uusap talaga kami ni Coach Henry about it. And maybe we would change the training schedules na rin para hindi kayo magkasabay dito ni Joaquin."

"Thank you po, Coach! Thank you for understanding and for treating this issue fairly."

"Oh sige na, magbihis na kayo sa locker room. Hahanapin ko muna si Coach Henry and talk to him. Nicki, ikaw na maglead sa team to jog around tapos stretching. I'll be back agad for your drills tapos we'll play three sets after. Go and change na to your battle gears! Wag ka na malungkot o matakot ha? I got you."

"Thanks again Coach! We'll go ahead po. I hope your talk will go well. Ako na bahalang maglead sa team while you're out."

Thankfully, the talk with the coach of the men's team went well. Coach Henry agreed to change their training schedule so it will not coincide with the women's team. Salitan na lang sila ng sila ng schedule sa gym so Nicki could also focus and wouldn't be distracted with Joaquin's presence. He even decided to give Joaquin a written warning since they do not tolerate misbehavior in the team. He assured Coach Pat that should the incident happen again in the future, he will not think twice and remove Joaquin from the team.

When Coach Pat relayed to Nicki about what they've discussed, Nicki was more than happy with the outcome of the talk. Buti na lang talaga at lumapit din siya kay Coach Pat at hindi naman siya binigo nito. And true to Coach Pat's word, every night since then, she accompanied Nicki and Sheena outside the building where RJ waited for them.