03 It's All Coming Back

It was around five in the afternoon when he finished paying at the counter. He was on his way to his car in the parking lot with his hands full, carrying the bags of groceries in it, when he was suddenly stopped in his tracks with the loud blowing of horn from a car on his side. He was stunned and he lost grip of the other bag in his hand, making it fall to the ground. Everything happened so fast. It was too late for him to realize that he didn't see the incoming car. Suddenly, his feet had a mind of their own and it seemed to be rooted on the ground. He can't move.

Susmaryosep naman Lord!
Hindi ko pa nga nahahanap si Nicki
masasagasaan na ko. Wag naman po.
At tsaka yung mga itlog ko, sayang naman...

He closed his eyes and prayed as he waits in anticipation of the impact. But it never came. He didn't know how long he was holding his breath until he decided to look down on himself and heaved a sigh of relief that he's still standing in one piece. He noticed the bumper of the yellow car just a few inches from him. With furrowed brows, he slowly turned to face the car, itching to see the face of this reckless driver who almost hit him. But the car was heavily tinted. He waited for a few more seconds, hoping that the driver would be kind enough to check on him or to just apologize for what happened. But still, no movement or whatsoever. No signs of the reckless driver to show some concern.

Hindi ba talaga toh bababa? Nakaabala
na nga't lahat, wala man lang sorry?
Kapal ng mukha nito ah! Teka...

He was about to walk to the side of the driver but his phone rang. So he pulled his phone from his back pocket and saw Josh calling. He looked at the driver's side once again but still answered the call. When he realized that the driver wouldn't bother to check on him, he started to pick up the grocery items on the floor as he talked to Josh.

Kingina Josh, muntik na kong mabangga!

Huh? Saan Kuya? Anong nangyari?
Saang ospital ka dadalhin? Yung kotse?

Anong ospital? Siraulo! Muntik nga lang...
Ok yung kotse, naglalakad ako nung
mangyari...

Bat ka naglalakad? Diba iniwan ko sayo
yung kotse?

Tanga! Dito sa parking lot ng Rob.
Gago tong driver biglang sumulpot,
hindi ko napansin. Sige na, mamaya
na lang. Pauwi na ko.

Ah, ok ok. Sige ingat ka.

****************

She was really nervous and worried for the guy. The fact that she almost hit someone made her heart beat fast. Yet the moment she opened her eyes and saw that she didn't hit him, she felt relieved. She was calming her nerves so she can go and check on him. She blew the breath she was holding in but then she gasped in surprise when the guy turned to face them with furrowed brows.

"Hoooomyyygaaaaahd!" Sheena exclaimed in surprise, as both of them sat straight and looked at the guy standing in front of them

"Hoooomyyygaaaaahd!" Sheena exclaimed in surprise, as both of them sat straight and looked at the guy standing in front of them. Sheena looked closely, as if trying to confirm who it really was.