05 Then I Saw Your Face

More than a week has passed and Nicki was slowly getting back to her usual self. She no longer have nightmares and she's no longer crying herself to sleep. She owes it a lot to Sheena who was very patient with her. That night when she finally broke down was probably the last time that she cried. Now, she's feeling a little better. Despite the fact that she still thinks of that bedimpled guy from time to time, she knew she's already on her moving on phase. She finally realized she can't be stuck with the past. Although there were still unanswered questions in her head, she decided to just let the universe take its course. As promise, she will still give RJ a chance to explain if and when they see each other again, but she doesn't want to hold on to it. With or without hearing him out, she wanted to move on. So she's taking baby steps, and Sheena has been there to support her every step of the way.

The real score between Nicki and Joaquin was still one of the top gossips and issues most of the students talk about within the campus. They have to admit that their popularity in school was one the reasons why they can't easily get away with it. Though there were some who believe that they're just friends, more students believed otherwise. That's because they still see them together in campus. Joaquin is very persistent. Even though Nicki made it very clear to him that what she can offer is nothing more than friendship, he still wouldn't budge. He doesn't bring her flowers anymore, yet he sticks like a glue and would still hang out with her and Sheena more often. So it's becoming really hard on their part to explain to everyone, but they decided to just let them be. After all, they've already cleared to their teammates and close friends the real status of their relationship or lack thereof, and that's what's important.

Today, their last class was dismissed early due to an emergency meeting of the College Instructors. Nicki checked her watch and realized they still have a lot of time to spare. Their training is scheduled at 6pm and it's just around 4 in the afternoon. Since Grand Towers was just a few minutes away from their campus, she invited Sheena to stay in her condo unit first so they can rest and freshen up before training.

Tara na Sheens! Dun na
tayo magrest muna!

"Nics, as much as I want to join you, eh may schedule ako ng consultation with my adviser para sa thesis ko. Mabuti nga at maaga tayo nadismiss para mapuntahan ko na siya agad."

Totoo ba yan? Wala ka naman nabanggit kanina eh. Ayaw mo lang yata ako
samahan. Huhu. Coding pa naman ako,
wala akong dalang auto. Hmpf!
Sige na mag-uber na lang ako mag-isa.

"Gaga! Nawala lang sa isip ko. Besh naman, syempre sasamahan kita kung keri ko. Lamuyen! But, ibang usapan na toh, thesis na toh besh eh."

Just then, Sheena's phone beeped with an incoming text message. She checked her phone and read the message then turned to Nicki to show the text message she received.

"See?! Tinatanong na ni Ma'am Geronimo what time ako pupunta sa office niya for my thesis consultation. Mabuti pa puntahan ko na now then i'll text or call you afterwards. If maaga kami matapos, go ako sa condo mo para sabay na tayo pumunta sa gym. If hindi, i'll just see you sa gym na. Okies?"

Okay, fine fine. Sige na, gumora ka
na dyan at baka sisihin mo pa ko pag
di mo naayos yang thesis mo. Haha!
I'll wait for your text or call later na lang.

"Ayan, very good! Tara na, sabayan kita papunta sa entrance. Nagbook ka na ba ng uber mo?"

No, hindi na. Dumeretso ka na kay
Ma'am Geronimo para hindi sayang sa oras. I'll book an uber na lang pag malapit
na ko sa gate. I'll be fine, Sheens.
Don't worry about me.