20 The Surprise Visit

He had it all planned out. As soon as he was left alone in the car, he made a few text messages then returned to the condo unit to freshen up. He knew Nicki will be out for training until 9pm so he still had a few hours to execute his surprise. He felt the need to do this after what happened earlier. So he took his time and made himself look extra handsome for her. After he was done dressing up, he wasted no time and leave since it's already getting late. Though he still had an hour before her practice's done, he needed to make it to the nearest flower shop before closing time. Luckily he was able to buy flowers. After that, his next stop was to buy her favorite food for dinner. He was sure she would be tired enough to have dinner outside. Plus knowing that Sheena is with her, they would definitely opt to just call for food delivery. So with a bunch flowers in his hand, he made his way to her favorite resto. He didn't wait long for his order. Once his order was ready, he happily took it and made his way to her condo unit.

It was already 9pm when he reached The Grand Towers. As soon as he stepped in the lobby where her unit is located, he was cheerfully greeted by the Kuya Ariel, the guard-on-duty

"Good evening sir! Ang gwapo natin ngayon sir ah... at ang dami nyo namang bitbit... iiwan niyo ba ulit yan for Miss Nicki?"

"Hindi Kuya, ako mismo magbibigay this time. Susurpresahin ko sana siya."

"Ay talaga nga naman ang pag-ibig! Hihihi! Sige Sir, deretso na po kayo dyan sa reception. Goodluck ha?"

"Salamat, Kuya! Pag nakita mo si Nicki wag mong sabihin na may manliligaw siyang naghihintay ah. Baka mabulilyaso ang surprise ko eh."

"Yes sir, no problem sir! Sana sagutin na kayo ni Ma'am... Bagay na bagay kayo! Hehehe!"

The guard joyfully teased him. Natuwa naman siya na naalala siya nito maski isang beses pa lang yata niyang nakausap ito nung huli siyang mag-iwan ng bulaklak para kay Nicki sa reception. He gave him a wide smile then he turned to walk towards the reception.

When he reached the reception, he was faced with a different lady in the front desk. He looked around and found no one else but the lady named Jessie, as what was written on the pin in her blouse. Kinabahan siya. He was expecting Mhela, the friendly receptionist, to become his apprentice for the surprise but unfortunately she was nowhere to be found. So he got really nervous because Jessie looked strict and snobbish. Mukhang mahihirapan pa siyang kontsabahin ito para sa paandar niya.

"Hi Sir! Anything I can do for you?"

He hesitated to tell her what he was planning to do. He thought she might not permit him to go up to her floor. If that happens, his surprise will fail.

"Ah, hi, uhm, I'm... I'm here to surprise Miss Nicki Mendoza."

He held his breath and waited as the lady eyed him differently but then her eyes landed on the bunch of flowers in his hand. She smiled and the butterflies in his stomach suddenly flew away. He released a huge sigh of relief as the lady questioned him further. He told her about his plan, hoping to get her to agree with it. He was fortunate that Jessie gave her approval but she asked that he'd be escorted by one of their guards as part of their SOP since the owner he's set to visit is not yet in her condo unit. She explained that the guard will be with him in 10th floor just until Nicki arrives. He nodded in agreement. When Jessie called the guard in charge of roaming around the building and the one in the lobby to discuss the plan, he was even more thankful that the two guards gladly took part in the execution of his surprise.

"Sige po Sir, pagpasok na pagpasok ni Miss Nicki sa elevator, itatawag ko agad dito kay Jimmy para malaman niyo na paakyat na si Miss Nicki." Kuya Ariel said.