1. | Duffy Runs On Duncan

If it were up to Duffy, the next morning after the proposal gone wrong, she would have spent the entire day in bed just hiding away in the darkness of her bedroom

If it were up to Duffy, the next morning after the proposal gone wrong, she would have spent the entire day in bed just hiding away in the darkness of her bedroom. However, she had neglected the idea of her cellphone and ended up waking up several times to it going off, only to see Andrew's picture light up her screen. By the time she was actually fully conscious, she could see that he had left her a couple of voicemails and Duffy knew what was soon to come after that. In just an hour or so's time, Andrew would arrive at her apartment door, just to make sure that she was alright before he started questioning just what exactly had taken place. He normally started off with blaming himself, thinking that he was rushing Duffy or thinking that she didn't believe in the idea of marriage.

But when she told him it was none of those things, he would become confused and think that Duffy simply didn't want to marry him and was just stringing him along. Of course, he didn't actually believe that, but the longer Duffy held out on the truth, she honestly couldn't blame him whenever he grew upset or suspicious. Most people wouldn't have stuck around in their situation, but it only proved that Andrew truly didn't see him spending the rest of his life with anyone but Duffy.

Seeing the third voicemail, Duffy began the process of pushing herself to get out of bed, knowing she had a limited amount of time to get away from her apartment. She honestly didn't want to fight with Andrew, she didn't want to see the hurt expression again. All Duffy wanted to do was confess that she was a witch, have Andrew accept that, and the two of them would live happily ever after.

However, she didn't think it was going to be that simple at all.  Grabbing some clothing from her closet, she made her way to the bathroom to have a shower before she left for the day.

Walking through her apartment, it was the perfect mixture of magic and No-Maj technology. Unlike some of her magical counterparts, Duffy thought it was incredibly stupid to limit oneself to just the joys of magic. She liked her flat screen T.V. that she often checked the No-Maj news on, she loved the joys of the internet, she thought it was far more convenient to communicate with a cellphone than with an owl, not to mention discreet, and bless the No-Majs, she fucking loved the idea of using a pen instead of a quill.

The Wizarding Community was still too accustomed to the idea of living back in older times and mostly keeping their lives separate from that of the No-Majs, but Duffy had to admit, while the non-magical folk seemed to be behind in some instances without magic, they had made leaps and strides of their own. It was foolish not to take advantage of certain things, she would have killed to have used pens instead of quills, back when she attended Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

One would think since their school was co-founded by a No-Maj that they would incorporate more of the teachings or more of the items, but it wasn't as so.

After the quickest shower she could take, Duffy dressed in typical No-Maj clothing, double-checking to make sure she had the date correct before grabbing her wand off her nightstand. With her cell phone in the back pocket of her jeans, her bag thrown over her shoulder, and her wand up her sleeve, Duffy made the getaway out of her apartment before Andrew could arrive.