7.| Stark Spangled Banner

To make her point, Duffy did leave Loki's containment area after their mostly one-sided conversation, skipping all the way until she reached Duncan's side

To make her point, Duffy did leave Loki's containment area after their mostly one-sided conversation, skipping all the way until she reached Duncan's side. She could practically feel the god burning holes into the back of her head with an angry glare at her exit, but Duffy didn't dare turn around, giving her the last word.

"Well, did you get anything out of him?" she asked, only to witness as Duncan slid to the floor, holding his head in pain. "Hey, Duncan, what's wrong?"

She immediately crouched down to his side, ready to pull out her wand and help him, but Duncan pushed her hand away for a few seconds. He had his eyes squeezed shut, still touching his hand to his head for a minute or so before he looked up at her.

"Loki has a lot of issues, Duffy," he said, " I don't think it's a good idea to be getting more on his bad side than we already are initially. They weren't kidding when they said he was a god, he is the God of Mischief and he takes his title to heart, or at least, what's left of it in that ice chest of his."

"Ice chest? Duncan, I'm afraid I'm not following you there-"

"You were right when you were standing there, calling him about his abandonment issues and his sibling rivalry, those are the basis of it, but it's beyond just that. He holds a lot of anger to cover up the amount of hurt. I saw it all, I saw a lot of things when it came to his childhood and such, but as soon as I got to the part of the Tesseract, he kicked me out."

"He kicked you out?" Duffy repeated with a bewildered look. "You mean that he's capable of Occlumency? He's an Occlumens?"

"I'm not sure," Duncan groaned as Duffy helped the man to his feet, " but he knew I was in there, I think he did. He was blocking me in the beginning, he had his guard up until you pissed him off, when you started calling him out, that's when he let down that barrier in his head. I was able to see a lot but I guess he figured out your ploy and now I have this wicked headache and we're no closer to finding the Tesseract than we were before. I'm sorry-"

"Hey," Duffy said softly, placing her hand on his shoulder as Duncan proceeded to beat himself up over it all, " it's not your fault. You've never dealt with a god before, we don't know what he's capable of. You were great and you only confirmed that what I was totally pulling from my ass at the time was true. Don't be sorry, Duncan."

He gave a faint smile but it was clear that he was still rather disappointed with himself for not being able to get the location of the Tesseract during the time he was given. However, he did manage to get an insight into Fury during the brief passing into the room, leaving him to reach out and grab Duffy's shoulder to pull her closer to him.

"Listen to me, Duffy, I think it's best that we keep our cautions about everyone aboard this ship," he whispered to her. "Loki isn't the only one with needs for the Tesseract if what I've witnessed is correct."

"What? What do you mean? Is someone here working with Loki or-"

"No, they have their own agenda," Duncan told her before grimacing in pain. "We can talk about it in a few minutes, I just need to rid myself of this headache right now. Just...just be aware that no one here is working as a team. They all have their own plans...well, except for Bruce, he's a really nice guy."