18. | The Little Cherry On Top

Tucked down Macdougal Street came to rest the Shawarma Palace that Tony had mentioned a celebration meal taking place

Tucked down Macdougal Street came to rest the Shawarma Palace that Tony had mentioned a celebration meal taking place. In the billionaire's company came to sit, Bruce Banner, Clint Barton, Natasha Romanova, Steve Rogers, and Thor, and yet, as they all took bites of their meal while resting their aching joints, the group was completely silent. Every so often, they looked over in the direction of a couple of chairs at the table that remained empty, as if they were expecting company at some point, but no one came to sit with them.

It certainly was lacklustre in regards to a celebration as none of them were cheering, they were barely even smiling. But it was hard to rejoice in the saving of the world, even in the presence of good food with everything they had been through as of late. They were tired, their bodies mostly sore, and in the background, the workers of the Shawarma Palace, were attempting to make the repairs and clean up after the damage brought on from the Chitauri. Glass littered the floor upon entering and yet, the cooks and waitress had greeted the Avengers with smiles.

There had been many repairs to the city, mostly the large buildings and streets, but the little shops were left to suffer quite a bit as they were forgotten or maybe, the last on the list when it came to receiving any aid. The workers just seemed happy enough to see people thinking of their shop and actually wanting to eat there. Perhaps they would still be able to get some business that would help make all the repairs that they needed.

Of course they would, Tony by all means was willing to leave a rather large "tip" once they left the joint as it would only be right for him to actually put forth the effort to help. The sound of the little bell that hung over the door would go off every so often as the workers were bringing out trash or bringing in items to make their repairs. Mixed with the sound of the waitress sweeping in the background, it didn't exactly make for a lively atmosphere. It seemed they all wanted to talk, that something was on their minds, but each time one of them looked up and opened their mouth, they thought against it and looked back down.

But they were praying for something to break the awkward silence as the sounds of Bruce slurping the last bit of his soda and Thor's aggressive chewing was enough to drive even the sanest person mad.

The little bell continued to go off, the workers calling back and forth, and Tony was just about to call it a day. He planned on leaving a heavy check behind in his wake and just make his way back to the Tower. No one would probably stop him and it would probably just lead to the others dispersing as well. The atmosphere was not as fun as he anticipated it to be, there was just something missing, or rather someone.

But as Tony went to rise, two hands were placed on his shoulders, forcing him to sit back down suddenly that he plopped right back down. A panic surged through him as he was fully prepared to fight whoever had dared to touch him, but before he could actually react, he was left in a state of shock as several scoops of an ice cream sundae were placed in front of them. Over the top was an assortment of sprinkles and seconds later several spoons were placed down in the centre, one spoon for each member.