4.| Fo' Schnitzel, my Witchzel

Duncan was practically dragging Duffy along as she was fully prepared to apparate the hell out of the helicarrier as she had yet to calm herself over the idea of flying

Duncan was practically dragging Duffy along as she was fully prepared to apparate the hell out of the helicarrier as she had yet to calm herself over the idea of flying. Every so often as Natasha led Bruce and Steve along, she would look over her shoulder to see Duffy attempting to get away. For a witch to be against the idea of flying, it almost seemed humorous until one saw the look on Duffy's face. She was petrified at the moment before Duncan turned around fully and grabbed her by the shoulders, holding her in place. 

"Duffy, I love you and you know everything I say I only say it with the utmost respect for you," he whispered harshly to her, " right now, you need to get your shit together because you are making a scene!"

Duffy looked over Duncan's shoulder, only to see the other three ahead of them, looking back. Natasha and Steve appeared quite confused by her state, but Bruce seemed more than sympathetic as he wasn't thrilled to be on the flying craft either. But she knew that Duncan was right at the same time, she couldn't afford to be making a scene, especially since she was supposed to be coming highly recommended by their own president.  She could only imagine that if she made a fool of herself that she would never be asked to work again.

"Sorry," she responded quietly, " you're right. I think I'm just a bit overwhelmed with everything going on, the flying was just the last bit to send me over. But I think I'm good now. If I need it, I'll ask you to slap me out of it next time."

"A vigorous shake is more up my ally," Duncan smiled at her, " now come on, let's go see what the No-Majs have in store for this mess."

As they caught up with everyone else, they found themselves entering a room where people were sitting in front of all sorts of monitors, watching the activity all around them. While Duffy and Duncan had both experimented with No-Maj technology, the simple laptops and cellphones they owned, were nothing in comparison to what they were witnessing, leaving them in awe. As Bruce, Steve, and Natasha moved around at their own leisure, Duncan made his way to stand behind one of the working agents, looking down at the screen with a bewildered expression.

"Everything is working at full capacity," a woman spoke into her headset, " we are clear. All engines are operating and-"

She stopped as soon as she spotted Duncan standing behind her with a giddy grin until he realised he was distracting her from her job.

"Oh, don't mind me, in fact, keep talking, I'm oddly fascinated by all of this."

While Duncan harrassed one of the workers, Duffy remained behind as far away from the windows as possible as they were actually up in the air finally. She glanced around, noting Bruce checking out the agents guarding the door and Steve walking around with a hint of a smile on his face.  Director Fury was running his show, ordering everything into place before he called for them to vanish, which Duffy figured the aircraft itself was about to vanish from view.

It brought her to chuckle to herself, remembering her time in Ilvermorny when she had overheard a story that happened under Britain's Ministry of Magic. Apparently, two young wizards had stolen a family car of sorts, one that was capable of flying and had driven it across the skies where they were in clear view of No-Majs.  At the time, it hadn't been viewed as very funny, but Duffy could only chuckle to herself now, imagining the looks on the faces of No-Majs if they saw something to this extent flying through the air.