8.| Well, This is Hawkward

"If you're just going to talk with Fury, is it really necessary to be carrying around a gun?" Duffy asked as she attempted to keep pace with the fast-walking Steve

"If you're just going to talk with Fury, is it really necessary to be carrying around a gun?" Duffy asked as she attempted to keep pace with the fast-walking Steve. "I thought talking involved people using words, you know? Even sign-language, lip reading, writing stuff down, but I'm not sure if using a gun-"

Steve suddenly rounded on her, causing Duffy to jump back and aim her wand at him, still not feeling all that secure around the No-Maj weapon. He didn't look as angry as he did before when she had first found him in the hull of the ship, but he did still look quite upset, only she wasn't sure entirely why. He already claimed that the weapon was not SHIELD made, so she didn't understand the fuss about it. But whatever it was, Fury was about to get an ear load for it.

"Do you know who made this?" Steve questioned her and by the sound of his tone, it was a hypothetical question because he already knew the answer.

"To be honest, I'm not even entirely sure what that is," Duffy answered him, " I've only been calling it a gun, but it's unlike any weapon I've ever seen before."

"It shouldn't be seen by anyone, they shouldn't be around anymore," Steve told her, shaking the weapon around until he saw the face that Duffy was making. " This shouldn't be here, they shouldn't have this, no one should."

She didn't say anything and Steve realised that she couldn't begin to even understand everything that was running through his head at the time. Duffy came from an entirely different world, one that he could only assume from the brief conversation that didn't hold such weapons or problems such as the one he was facing internally. The fact that he was holding a HYDRA weapon in hand, meant nothing to Duffy and he was sure if he even mentioned the word "HYDRA" to her, she would think he had just further lost his mind.

That didn't really bother Steve, he was actually glad to see some innocence still left in the world, even if Duffy wasn't exactly from the same one in his mind. No, what bothered him, was the fact that Tony was actually right. The last thing he ever wanted to admit was that the fast-talking, sarcastic man-child was actually right about his earlier voiced suspicions.

"So, um, really, could you lower that thing?" Duffy asked in a small voice. "Not really used to being around those. You know, send me a pissed off troll or something and I'm great, but we're not really used to gun violence within the wizarding world."

"Right, sorry," he lowered it and with a nod of his head, motioned Duffy to keep following him until they made their way back to the science lab where she had previously left Duncan with Tony and Bruce. Only this time, from outside the glass door, she could see that Fury was there and that was just the man that Steve wanted to see.

It was obvious that Duffy wasn't the only one who was nervous about the weapon that Steve carried with him because as soon as Duncan witnessed it, he practically pressed himself against the glass.

"What is Phase Two?" Tony had asked but before Fury could even come up with an answer, Steve dropped the gun on the table before him.

"Phase Two is SHIELD uses the cube to make weapons," Steve said before looking over at Tony. "Sorry, the computer was moving a little slow."