11.| Oh Shit, It's the Wizard Cops!

Duncan finished up healing Coulson and curious as to the conversation that was taking place on the other end of the earpiece, he left the agent in the care of the medical staff arrived

Duncan finished up healing Coulson and curious as to the conversation that was taking place on the other end of the earpiece, he left the agent in the care of the medical staff arrived. He told them to just allow Coulson to rest and move him to a quieter area. He would probably be in the panic once he woke up as he had been on the brink of death, he would live, Duncan was sure of it. He had watched the skin surrounding the wound knit itself around the damaged area and literally patched itself up.

Leaving the area, Duncan hid in the doorway, listening to Fury speak with Steve and Tony as they seemed to be the only two around. They were seated at a table, almost appearing as scolded children as there appeared to be some scattered cards, covered in blood resting on the table. Fury claimed they had been in Coulson's jacket at the time of death, but that hadn't been true as Duncan was a witness to the scene, he didn't know what game Fury was playing, but if it had to do with anything Coulson had said earlier, he was starting to get an idea.

"We're dead in the air up here," Fury told them, "our communications, the location of the cube, Banner, Thor, and Duffy. I got nothing for you."

Immediately, Duncan felt his heart sink in his chest, shaking his head and trying to believe that everything Fury was saying was just because he didn't have information on Duffy's whereabouts. He wouldn't bring himself to believe that she was hurt, he wouldn't bring himself to believe that she was completely gone either.

Duffy was tough, he knew that from the time that he had taken her into his home, back when she was introduced as a "troubled soul." He had seen her become someone powerful, not just in strength and in magic, but mentally, she could think fast if she trusted in herself to come up with a plan. There was no way that Loki could have been the cause of her defeat, not after everything she had been through.

As Fury rambled on more, Duncan was itching to leave the Helicarrier in search of Duffy himself, but he didn't even know where to begin with his search. And they had a plan that they had to stick to as well, they didn't really know where Loki was going to strike, but MACUSA was notified of the events and if they were lucky, the protection barriers were going up as he stood on the helicarrier.

"Yes, we were going to build an arsenal with the Tesseract," Fury admitted, bringing the hairs on the back of Duncan's neck to stick up in fear as he heard everything he had figured out before, but he didn't expect to be a witness. " I never put all my chips on that number, though because I was playing something riskier. There was an idea, Stark knows this, called the Avengers Initiative. The idea was to bring together a group of remarkable people, see if they could become something more. See if they could work together if we needed them to, to fight the battles that we never could."

Fury peered over to where he saw Duncan standing, briefly gazing at him before turning his attention back to Steve and Tony.

"But many didn't have faith in that idea, even others that share our same planet didn't have faith in the project. Obviously, that's why Duffy and Duncan arrived on the scene, their world lacked faith in our capabilities to handle this problem. Were they right? I don't know, but I do know one thing...Phil Coulson died still believing in that idea, in heroes."