Chapter 1: Workaholic Devil - To get rid of anxiety, be super rich

The first rays of dawn filtered through the gaps in the window curtains to shine upon the wooden floor and Jian Yan as her pen made its last stroke, finally finishing the manuscript.

"Finished——" She leaned back into her chair, looking up at the ceiling as she did a large stretch. A loose, worn sleeping mask fell from the top of her head down to the floor because of her movement, but she didn't pay the slightest attention to it.

Her two assistants heard her words and looked as if they had been dragged back from the brink of death. A trace of vitality appeared within their eyes. "Chief is finally finished..."

advertisement
Heavens knew they had already been pulling all-nighters one after another all month. They feared if they had to do this for one more day, they would faint at any minute.

"I'll go wash my face, you guys can check it again. Wait a moment, Lin Zhen will come back with breakfast."

"Alright, teacher."

The two assistants waited for her to leave the hotel room before they both collapsed onto the table. Neither of them wanted to look at all the rough sketches again.

"God! Teacher Tang Zhi is simply a workaholic demon. Why did I choose to work with her back then," the first assistant softly complained.

"Me too..." The second assistant only had a single breath of life within her as she agreed. "Two magazine manuscripts handed at once. Is there a need to be in such a hurry to have these done this cycle?"

"I heard Chief Lin say that she was going to prepare for new works."

"Ha??" The second assistant simply didn't dare to believe her ears. "Is she a robot? Does she not need rest?? Why is she running herself into the ground?!"

"To make money, why else," the first assistant replied unenthusiastically.

"Does she not make enough of a profit? Selling the rights to make 《 Satisfactory 》into a movie, tv show, and animation, her author's remuneration these past years, the book royalties... from these alone, she has earned several tens of millions, and it's still not enough?"

"Ah, but who dislikes more money..."

Jian Yan returned and just happened to hear her two assistants complaining about her.

"Teacher doesn't have a boyfriend, so it doesn't matter to her, but I have a boyfriend! I stayed here for half a month, and now my boyfriend wants to break up!"

"Me too! Yesterday, I even had an argument with him. I'm already exhausted from working overtime, but he still wanted to provoke me."

"Say, teacher is so beautiful, so why doesn't she have a boyfriend? If she had a boyfriend, maybe she wouldn't work as if her life depended on it."

"God knows. Although she shuts herself in her room drawing everyday, she still dresses up so prettily every time. Don't tell me that it's for us to look at??"

"Hahaha, right? In addition, her clothes are all super-expensive..."

Jian Yan heard those words and raised her hand to rap on the door before walking in. "What are you two chatting about that makes you so lively?"

The two assistants stiffened. The second assistant quickly reacted and laughed insincerely. "We're talking about today's headline news! The paparazzi had a scoop about Starlight General Merchandise's Master He being Wang Xin Yuan's boyfriend!"

"Wang Xin Yuan? That female celebrity?"

"Yes, that's her!"

Jian Yan lightly raised her eyebrow. "Last I heard, Dai Xiao was also Master He's girlfriend."