Chapter 32 - I am very grateful to her for bringing you into this world.

He Xiu suddenly speaking of such strangely sentimental words caused Jian Yan to not know how she should respond. Fortunately, He Xiu's phone rang just then, dispelling her awkwardness.

The phone call was from Tang Zheng. The first call He Xiu would receive every year was practically all from Tang Zheng.

"Master He, Happy New Year!" The sounds coming from Tang Zheng's end was very noisy. It seemed that he was out somewhere celebrating. "Praying that you'll not be single earlier in this new year, thus blacklisting me less!"

He Xiu laughed and said, "Mn, praying that you'll have less kill-worthy mistakes, so that I blacklist you less."

Tang Zheng: "..."

He asked him unhappily, "Are you by yourself at the company?"

He Xiu glanced at Jian Yan standing in front of the window, and the corners of his mouth lightly quirked up. "I'm at the company, but I'm not alone."

"Oh, I feel sorry for the colleague working overtime with you."

He Xiu merely smiled and didn't explain anything to him. "If you don't have anything else, I shall continue working overtime."

"Go overtime, overtime, wishing you will marry your work!" Tang Zheng immediately hung up after he said this.

He Xiu walked up to the window and said to Jian Yan, "You still have early shift tomorrow. You should go back first and rest."

Jian Yan thought for a moment and said, "Mn, then I'll leave first."

He Xiu watched as she grabbed her bag and walked to the doorway before calling out for her to stop. "I'll escort you downstairs."

Jian Yan gazed at him and didn't say anything. He Xiu laughed and took the initiative to explain. "I'm afraid that you'll be scared of the dark when walking downstairs by yourself."

Jian Yan: "..."

Mn. Although, she truly would be a little scared.

He Xiu escorted her all the way to the underground parking lot. At this time, Jian Yan was truly rejoicing the fact that He Xiu had come with her. Otherwise, she might have truly not dared to fetch her car. Opening the car door, Jian Yan was about to get in and sit down when she suddenly turned around and said to He Xiu, "During previous New Year's Eves, I have also been hurriedly drawing drafts at home alone. This year, I also feel the same happiness."

He Xiu watched as she drove away and then turned around to leave, a smile spread across his face.

?

He had previously urged Jian Yan to send him a message when she arrived home. Jian Yan sincerely obeyed Master He's verbal order and had immediately informed him that she had arrived home safe and sound.

Tang Zhi: 「Already home safe and sound 『enthusiastic』」

Nan Si: 「That's good then ^_^」

Nan Si: 「Remember to wait for me after you get off work」

Nan Si: 「 Oh, that's right. It should be today :)」

Tang Zhi: 「『OK』Wishing that you'll have a pleasant time working overtime. I'm going to go bathe and then sleep.」

He Xiu chuckled, sending his reply as a voice message.

Jian Yan curiously opened it. A sexy, tender male voice rang out through this dimly lit night. It could simply make a person die of intoxication. 【Good night, sweet dreams】

...Jian Yan felt that tonight, she might not sleep at all.

Despite her mental state being stirred into restlessness that night, she still got to her shift on time. When Jian Yan went to Starlight General Merchandise first thing in the morning, there was a line of people who had stayed out the entire night all ready to go, unable to take their eyes off the entrance of the department store.