Chapter 37 - Went to someone else's engagement reception to act out PDA!

Chapter 37 — You two actually went to someone else's engagement reception to act out public displays of affection!  

After Jian Yan finished talking with the staff of Fantasy Wardrobe, she left, conveniently completing the formalities for resigning on the way. In his office, He Xiu smiled lightly as he looked at her. "To be able to become the male lead of Teacher Tang Zhi's writing, I am extremely honored."

Jian Yan curled her lips. "Be less smug. I only saw that you looked handsome, so I wanted to use you as the model for the male lead."

He Xiu replied, "Then I am thankful that I am so handsome, as I am able to help Teacher Tang Zhi."

Jian Yan: "..."

Do you believe that I will go online and burst open his mask...

"Then I'll return to work first. Remember to send me my pay."

He Xiu couldn't help laughing. "I don't dare to forget." He walked forward and bowed his head to lightly kiss Jian Yan's forehead. "I'll contact you the first instance I'm free."

"Oh..." Jian Yan touched her hand to her forehead, a nearly undetectable blush emerging on her cheeks.

He Xiu gazed at her before chuckling once again. "I stand corrected. It should be Teacher Tang Zhi to remember to contact me when she is free."

Jian Yan laughed and said to him, "Then you might need to wait five to six years. Once I finish my new project, I'll contact you then."

"Then it is still better if I contact you." The corners of He Xiu's lips had been curved up into a smile the entire time. His smile was neither prominent nor faint, yet inconceivably enticing. "Let's eat together tonight. I'll pick you up."

"Okay."

Stuck in the office for over twenty slow-going minutes, Jian Yan finally finished this resignation procedure. After returning home, she opened Weibo, thinking of how she would respond to her readers. Reading their comments for a while, Jian Yan typed out in the edit box:

「Who knew that I, as a manhua artist, would also be drawn into this kind of matter 『smile-cry』 Compared to my emotional problems, I even more hope that everyone pays more attention to my work. 《 Satisfactory 》's complete book collection is currently being prepared fervently. The contents are super-luxurious! I always try my best when I draw ^_^ Additionally, preparations are being made for a new project. I hope everyone will be able to meet it this spring 『cute』」

News of 《 Satisfactory 》's complete book collection and the new project smoothly shifted the reader's attentions. Exploiting the current exceedingly high attention, she easily gave her work a surge of advertisement. Jian Yan felt that she really was too quick-witted.

Even the editor responsible for 《 Satisfactory 》intentionally sent her a message of praise.

?

He Xiu went on Nan Si's Weibo to give her a like before notifying his lawyer to have them deal with this matter. Although Jian Yan had said to ignore them, he needed those paparazzi to be aware that he was not as magnanimous as they imagined him to be.

The eve of Xu Ying and He Chen's engagement reception unwittingly arrived. The fervor over Jian Yan and He Xiu had also gradually faded away online at long last.

On the day of the engagement reception, He Xiu naturally drove his car to pick up Jian Yan. Jian Yan had specially styled her hair and had applied delicate makeup. She was wearing that high-end dress from Bunny, each step of hers extremely cautious.