Chapter 47 - 400 milliliters blood

He Xiu stared at the incoming call for two seconds, hesitating. Nevertheless, he accepted it. "What is it?"

He Jing Long's voice seemed to contain some anxiety. "Have you returned?"

"Mn, just got off the plane."

"Then you need to come to Center Hospital. He Chen was caught in that traffic accident and was transported to the hospital."

"Traffic accident?" He Xiu's brows twisted slightly. Jian Yan also turned her head to look at him.

He Jing Long replied, "Mn, don't know if you heard, but a large bus heading into the city this morning turned over. He Chen was there at that time."

He Xiu thinned his lips, the corners downturning as he asked, "How's the current outlook?"

"I haven't seen him either. When we rushed over, he was already brought into the operation room for surgery."

"I got it. I'll head over right now." He Xiu hung up the call and said to the driver, "Sir, I apologize, but drive to Center Hospital first."

"Okay, okay," the driver repeated as confirmation.

Jian Yan asked him worriedly, "What happened? Who was in the traffic accident?"

He Xiu said, "He Chen."

Jian Yan stared at him blankly for a moment before asking, "How is he? Is it life-threatening?"

"We still don't know."

The driver had been listening to the radio speak of the road conditions. When he heard their conversation, he very considerately changed the frequency to a news station. The program was tracking that large traffic accident since early in the morning.

Due to road closures, it took the driver longer than usual to reach Center Hospital.

"Huo, so many people." The driver couldn't help but sigh in lament when he caught sight of all the strangers and cars crowding the scene.

Ambulances constantly transported wounded people, the blaring siren disturbing everyone's mental states and making it difficult for them to remain calm. He Xiu and Jian Yan paid the fare and carried their luggage with them inside. Because there were just too many people, even the consultation stand was completely surrounded by people. He Xiu also didn't want to go up, calling He Jing Long directly instead to ask where they were.

Outside the operation room, Zhao Ying Fang was already sobbing. In her heart, she continued to reproach herself. If she hadn't slapped He Chen that evening, he wouldn't have gotten angry and dashed out, thus avoiding getting caught up in this traffic accident. He Jing Long had consoled her for a long time, but her tears would not stop. He Jing Long was helpless.

The sound of hurried and brief footsteps from far away gradually grew closer. He Jing Long followed the sound and saw He Xiu and Jian Yan rushing over.

"How's the situation at the moment?" He Xiu asked.

He Jing Long shook his head. "Still in surgery."

Zhao Ying Fang saw He Xiu and suddenly jumped up. Her aggravated state of mind had her howling at him, "What did you come here to do? Did you come to see if He Chen died?! Fuck off for me!"

He Xiu furrowed his brows but didn't pay attention to her, pulling Jian Yan to the side to stand and wait. He Jing Long pulled Zhao Ying Fang back to her seat and glared at her as he said, "What are you doing? This is the hospital, don't make a scene."

"I don't make a scene? Then what did you intend to do by calling He Xiu over this time? Let me tell you, don't go counting your chickens before they hatch. Nothing will be wrong with He Chen!!"