Chapter 22 - Should she switch back to high heels?

He Xiu immediately began packing up his unfinished lunch and left after he said this. Jian Yan sat there, her soul having yet to return from this great change.

It seems as if I had said something I shouldn't have. Director He appears furious. Originally, as an average employee, she shouldn't have brought up these kinds of topics with him, but perhaps because she had been sharing meals with him so delightfully for some time, it had caused her to unwittingly exceed her bounds.

Not only had she exceeded her bounds, it seemed as if she had stepped on a landmine.

He Xiu's words about Zhao Ying Fang not being his mother were still incessantly spiraling around in Jian Yan's mind. Apart from shock, her brain was jigsawing together a huge drama of gratitude and grudges among the rich and powerful families.

Only half of her lunchbox had been eaten, but Jian Yan no longer had an appetite. She blankly sat in the dining hall for a while before packing up her lunchbox and returning to the store.

In the evening, Jian Yan's heart brimmed with absolute apprehension. She was actually not anxious about receiving a sudden letter of dismissal from He Xiu; instead, she was afraid that she had accidentally, with a few casually said words, truly hurt someone.

She unwillingly recalled her past. She knew that scars opened by others hurt tremendously.

Why did she want to speak with him of his family?

Jian Yan was very upset. Even with someone she considered a friend for several years, there were some topics that couldn't be brought up casually, let alone... She and He Xiu's relationship was far from reaching that extent.

The site manager had also detected that her complexion was not very good the entire evening and was under the impression that her body was unwell. Yet when the site manager asked her, she didn't say anything.

With great difficulty, she endured until she was about to get off work. Jian Yan glanced at He Xiu, who was quickly passing through each floor of the department store with the respective floor supervisor guiding him around. From start to finish, however, he didn't enter or even glance in the direction of Fantasy Wardrobe.

In her heart, Jian Yan became even more dispirited. She originally had been hesitant about finding an opportunity to apologize to him, but now it seemed that it wasn't necessary because he simply didn't want to speak with her.

After she returned home, she began to draw, thinking that she could temporarily forget this matter with He Xiu. In the end, she finished the Christmas Celebration illustration, but her heart still hadn't been eased in the slightest. She opened QQ and looked through her friends list. She ended up sending Nan Si a message.

Tang Zhi: 「Great God Nan Si, are you there?」

Nan Si was usually on in the evening. In the past, when she had sent him a message late at night, he would reply soon after. Today, she waited until it was time for her to sleep, yet Nan Si still hadn't sent her a message.

She felt that today, she had definitely come across a contrary Mercury. Not only had she angered Director He, even Nan Si was ignoring her.

The next day, she was also on the evening shift. In the morning, she once again took the rare chance to dawdle in bed. Lin Zhen had called her, but Jian Yan hadn't been awake yet. After the phone rang for a good while, she woke up in a daze and accepted the call. "Hey?"

Lin Zhen stared blankly into space, her phone pressed to her head, before she said, "What wind is blowing today? You actually still haven't gotten out of bed?"