Chapter 49 - My worry has always been on when you're taking me home?

He Chen was unconscious for two days, just happening to wake up when He Xiu was in the ward visiting.

Seeing him open his eyes, He Xiu asked in a tone neither a cold nor warm, "You're awake?"

He Chen: "..."

Why was he so serenely indifferent when a patient just wakes up??

"I'll call the doctor." He Xiu pressed the pager as he said this. Doctors and nurses soon burst into the room with haste.

"He seems to have awoken." He Xiu's tone was still as tranquil as before. The doctor did a simple inspection and then asked He Xiu to leave.

A moment later, the doctor came out and said to He Xiu, "The patient is already sober, and his condition is also relatively stable. We intend to switch him to a common ward."

"Okay."

He Chen was transferred from the room to a VIP suite. He Xiu also took advantage of this time to contact He Jing Long. After settling down in the appropriate ward, the doctor told He Xiu, "Family members can now stay in the ward."

He Xiu nodded and went inside to glance at He Chen. His spirit was slightly better than it was when he had just woken up. He already had the strength to open his mouth and say, "I just woke up, but you don't seem happy at all?"

His voice was faint and feeble, but He Xiu still heard his words clearly. He quirked his lips and asked instead, "Is that so?"

At first He Chen wanted to say that he was too cold and detached, but thinking it over, He Xiu had always been this cold and detached to him. He corrected himself, "This doesn't resemble dramas at all."

He Xiu drily stated, "According to dramas, you should have become a vegetable right now."

He Chen: "..."

A light giggle burst from the nurse's mouth before she buried her head to cover it up.

An anxious Zhao Ying Fang shoved the door to the ward open and dashed inside. "Chen'er, you're finally awake! You scared Mama to death!"

Tears began streaming down Zhao Ying Fang's face as she spoke. The nurse to the side hurriedly informed her, "The patient only just woke up, and his body is still relatively weak. He cannot receive too much disturbance."

He Chen glanced at Zhao Ying Fang weeping endlessly and He Jing Long standing right behind her and felt a spark of comfort warm his heart. This was the circumstance he was familiar with in dramas.

He fell asleep again soon after waking up. Zhao Ying Fang and He Jing Long stayed at the hospital. He Xiu felt it no longer concerned him, so he left first. He took out his phone to call Jian Yan once he exited the front doors of the hospital.

Jian Yan was currently drawing as she chatted with Lin Zhen.

Lin Zhen: 「When will my things be delivered to me?」

Jian Yan: 「Busy, no free time. If you want it so urgently, come and pick it up yourself.」

Jian Yan: 「Then I'll go hang myself on your doorway :)」

Lin Zhen: 「A virgin who hangs herself cannot reincarnate.」

Jian Yan: 「......」

Lin Zhen: 「Yi! You actually didn't refute. Don't tell me you are really still a virgin?」

Lin Zhen: 「You and Eldest Master He have been together for so long and have even gone to France together! Could it be that Eldest Master He is no good...」