Chapter 50 - You want to fight over SGM, you also want to fight over a soup?

Chapter 50 - You want to fight over Starlight General Merchandise, yet you also want to fight over a bowl of soup?  

The meal at Jian Yan's place was very cheerful. After crossing this mother-in-law mountain, He Xiu's heart was finally free from anxiety—even when he went to visit He Chen, his attitude was also not as loathsome as it was in the past.

He Chen's recovery went well after he woke up. He Jing Long and Zhao Ying Fang took turns to stay with him at the hospital. As his fiancée, Xu Ying definitely had to be at the hospital to demonstrate her affections for him, regardless of her willingness.

"My mother had the auntie at home simmer soup. You should drink it later." She placed the container of soup on the table and glanced at the half-reclined He Chen on the hospital bed.

He Chen smiled shallowly as he sneered, "Don't you see the plaster cast on my broken arm? How can I drink soup?"

Xu Ying knitted her brows. "Don't tell me you want me to feed you?"

"This suggestion is not bad."

"You..." Xu Ying pursed her lips and swallowed all the words she wanted to say. She turned away and somewhat angrily opened the container of soup. Holding the container in one hand, she walked up to sit beside He Chen.

"Drink." Ladling a spoonful, she brought the soup up to He Chen's mouth.

He Chen stared at her and commented, "How can I drink such scalding hot soup? Help me blow it."

Xu Ying furiously placed the spoon back in the container. "He Chen, don't win an inch and want a foot!"

He Chen snorted as he said, "Do you think I want you to feed me! Look at your clumsiness; I'm afraid you'll spray soup all over me."

"Ah, then fine! Wait for your mother to come and make her feed you!"

Xu Ying picked up her jacket, intending to leave once she spoke her mind. Just as she was about to walk through the door, He Xiu entered.

——He didn't come alone either. Jian Yan followed in behind him.

Xu Ying's complexion shifted upon catching sight of them. She turned around and walked back to the ward, sitting back down.

He Chen seemed to mock her, "Didn't you want to leave? Why aren't you going?"

Xu Ying pursed her lips and remained silent. Jian Yan and He Xiu didn't seem to be aware of the tension between the two of them, their expressions blank as they entered. Catching sight of the container of soup on the table, He Xiu said with a slightly happy tone, "I told you someone would definitely bring him soup. You should give the soup you brought to me instead."

He Chen subconsciously glanced at Jian Yan's hands and saw that she was actually carrying a container of soup as well. He immediately said, "Who said? She brought this for a patient to drink; you even want to steal a patient's meal?"

He Xiu remarked, "You wouldn't be able to finish this much soup anyway; why should food be wasted?"

"If I don't finish drinking it in the afternoon, I can finish it in the evening. Why should I let you have it cheaply?"

Jian Yan resolved the dispute straightaway. "Don't listen to his drivel. This soup was originally simmered specially for you. I'll set it here, and you can drink it in the evening." She glared at He Xiu as she said this before putting down the container of soup. She looked at He Chen again and asked, "How are you feeling today?"

Before He Chen could respond, He Xiu said, "Look at how much he resembles a lively dragon and an animated tiger when fighting with me over the soup—it's obvious he is definitely recovering well. The so-called 'evil stays for a thousand years' saying is so true."