Chapter 41 - Emergency braking at this time is not good for the body.

Jian Yan woke up first the next morning. He Xiu was still soundly asleep, the corner of his lips tilted slightly upward as if he was happily thinking of something.

Jian Yan saw this funny sight and gazed at him for a moment, thinking to herself that he most likely spent a lot of time staying at the company instead of at the He Mansion because he was very unhappy there. He had even stayed at the company on New Year's Eve.

He probably didn't want to return back.

Assuming that it was probably rare for him to sleep in, Jian Yan didn't wake him. Descending downstairs, she made breakfast. He Xiu had really fallen into a deep sleep. By the time Jian Yan returned, he still hadn't woken up.

She expertly poked him twice and called out, "Great Director He, get up and eat breakfast."

He Xiu's lashes lightly fluttered twice, and his eyes slowly opened. Catching sight of Jian Yan standing to his side, he extended a hand from beneath the blanket and easily pulled her back into bed. "You're awake so early?"

Jian Yan was startled for a beat before angrily glaring at him. "It's not early anymore. It's already 8:30AM. I would have already checked into work for morning shift at this time before." It was good he was CEO; no one would dare to say anything even if he was late.

He Xiu stifled a chuckle as he helped turn her around, slightly messing up her hair in the process. "I normally don't sleep in. I don't know why, but last night I slept especially well; I even slept until now."

"Maybe because you didn't want to make breakfast."

Chuckling again, He Xiu turned over to kiss Jian Yan's lips. Jian Yan originally resisted for a little while before gradually becoming absorbed in this kiss. He Xiu's upper body was bare. To her, the skin beneath her fingers became near scalding.

He Xiu's body unknowingly rubbed against her body, seemingly craving for something. He trailed kisses down her neck all the way to her chest, his hand also drifting down from her collarbone to explore as well.

Jian Yan unconsciously moaned softly as He Xiu lightly nipped her collarbone, his body pressing even closer to hers. "This distance right now, will it make you feel uncomfortable?"

His voice deepened, as if he was holding something back. Yet when his sexyvoice fell into Jian Yan's ear, it was like a catalyst to soften her body imperceptibly.

"A bit uncomfortable..."

She breathed out an unsteady reply. He Xiu's attractive brows furrowed slightly, and he pulled back slightly to increase the distance between them.

A hint of embarrassment flashed through Jian Yan's mind. Speaking softly so only the two of them could hear, she murmured, "Not that type of...nausea discomfort..."

He Xiu's eyes flickered, seemingly understanding that the feeling of discomfort she spoke of was that type of discomfort. His lips quirked up into a smile, and he pressed closer to her again. "Then...if we move closer, does the discomfort go away?"

Jian Yan flushed red at his inquiry. With great difficulty, she raised her hand to push him away slightly. "How can you kiss without brushing your teeth?"

He Xiu's gaze lowered as he laughed quietly. Raising his head, he stared into her eyes. "Emergency braking at this time is not good for the body."

Jian Yan: "..."

But He Xiu indeed wasn't intending to go further with her this time. Jian Yan had a very critical opposition to those of the male gender. Although she accepted him, he still couldn't be so impetuous. He got up and smiled at Jian Yan. "Then I'll go clean myself up."