Chapter 27 - After you finish work, wait for me.

Someone was sent to notify He Xiu the moment Xu Ying arrived. The site manager saw Xu Ying head directly to Fantasy Wardrobe and personally went up to receive her. "Good afternoon, Miss Xu. May I ask what I can help you with?"

Xu Ying removed her sunglasses and sized her up. "Call that sales assistant of yours over there to come and take care of me." She raised her right hand and pointed a slender finger at Jian Yan.

Everyone's gazes followed her finger and landed on Jian Yan. Jian Yan smiled at Xu Ying and walked up to ask, "Miss Xu, which style do you wish to shop for?"

Xu Ying swept a glance around the store and said, "Formal attire. Do you have that here?"

"Yes, this way." Jian Yan led Xu Ying to the formal wardrobe section and introduced, "These are the latest formal wear pieces from Maggie and Bunny. What occasion is Miss Xu dressing for?"

"Engagement reception." After Xu Ying spoke, she looked at her in dissatisfaction. "Must you wear such tall heels? Do you want to make clients look up at you?"

Jian Yan smiled at her good-naturedly. "The heels I'm wearing are only seven centimeters. They're not as high as the heels you are wearing." Xu Ying puckered her brows, nearly on the verge of bursting with rage. Jian Yan continued, "But if it makes Miss Xu feel uncomfortable, I can switch to flat shoes tomorrow."

Xu Ying's fiery anger had even reached her throat when she had to swallow it down and restrain her temper. She could only release this anger elsewhere. "You have the nerve to introduce these types of formal wear to me? Do you know how many celebrities are attending this engagement reception? Are you deliberately trying to make me lose face?"

Jian Yan kept smiling. "These evening gowns range from a hundred thousand to two hundred thousand yuan. If Miss Xu believes these are too common, then I propose that you directly purchase custom-made dresses from the brands themselves. Our store's Maggie and Bunny sales counter can book reservations. Would you like me to help you with it?"

"You don't need to trouble yourself. Miss Xu has a distinguished identity; all her formal wear is ." He Xiu walked up to them, smiling faintly at Xu Ying. "The clothes here, I'm afraid, don't suit you."

Seeing him, Xu Ying laughed with a slightly mocking tone. "Head He is very busy, appearing so promptly every time."

He Xiu's face didn't change expression as he said, "Miss Xu is a noble client of ours. If you come, I naturally will personally come to greet you."

Xu Ying sighed and took out a delicate invitation from her handbag. She gave it to He Xiu. "The 16th of next month is my engagement reception with He Chen."

He Xiu accepted the invitation and smiled at her. "I have inconvenienced Miss Xu into personally delivering this. Rest assured; I will definitely attend your engagement reception."

Xu Ying humphed, her high heels clacking as she walked away. He Xiu turned towards the nearby staff who were watching the lively scene and said, "Alright, return to your duties."

The staff immediately scattered in all directions. He Xiu glanced at Jian Yan and said, "You should go work too."

"Okay." Jian Yan nodded. He Xiu left the store.

A colleague stealthily moved closer and asked Jian Yan softly, "Say, what do you think Xu Ying came over for?"

Jian Yan shrugged and didn't reply. Her colleague continued, "I got it. She is definitely secretly in love with our Director He. I even thought of the story. Xu Ying grew up alongside the two brothers from the He Family. Although she has always liked the older brother in her heart, the older brother has never looked at her. She has no better option but to agree to marry the younger brother. In her heart, however, she is not willing to give up, so she came here today specifically to flamboyantly deliver the invitation."