Chapter 23 - Stay far away from her.

He Xiu wasn't as Tang Zheng believed. He had never hated his younger brother. In He Chen's memory, the last time He Xiu had spoken to him like this was that year when he had first come to He Mansion.

At that time, He Chen had been five years-old when He Jing Long had suddenly brought back a boy, saying that he was his older brother. He Chen, as the young master of the He Family and the Zhao Family, had always been surrounded by people who doted on him excessively. As for this older brother, he was never given even a good look.

But the colder he was, the more He Chen liked to wind him up, like the one time when he had cried while searching for his mama. He had told her that, even though he had shared his favorite toy with his older brother, his older brother had still ignored him.

Zhao Ying Fang had instantaneously become furious and had lectured him in a very strict tone. That was the first time that she had acted so viciously towards He Chen, to the point that he could still remember what she had said even now.

——He Xiu is not your older brother! He is a bastard! You are forbidden from calling him older brother!

After that day, He Chen no longer carried all kinds of desserts and small toys when he sought out He Xiu. Instead, he began to learn his mama's occasional words, mocking and ridiculing him. But regardless of how much he derided him and bullied him, He Xiu still hadn't reacted in the slightest. It seemed as if, in his eyes, He Chen was invisible.

This bored He Chen very much. He Xiu was like an emotionless robot, neither crying nor making noise. He also never said a word to him. One time later on, he had felt aggrieved and said to He Xiu, "Who do you think you are!? Your mom is a mistress! Shameless!"

At that time, He Xiu had been just like he was right now, suddenly lifting him up by his collar before throwing him to the ground. He had pulled him up by the neck, the space between his eyebrows thick with anger. He had glared down at him and asked, "I am older than you by two years. Whose mother is the mistress, can't you see? Mn?"

That day, He Chen had cried for a very long time, not knowing if it was because of the icy aura suddenly bursting forth from He Xiu had scared him or because of that question of his.

He Chen looked at the person who had pulled him up by the collar back then, the corner of his mouth raising into a stiff smile. "Oh, then what do you want?"

He Xiu sneered at him then said with a glare, "If I do anything, how would you be able to sail with the current growing up? You should know better than anyone, right?"

He released his grip on He Chen's collar and sent him a final glare. "Stay far away from her."

He Chen watched his departing figure and tugged at his own collar before sitting down on the sofa.

Ah, the last time it was for his mother. This time, it was for that woman. It seems that the woman called Jian Yan holds a little weight in his heart.

?

At that moment, Jian Yan had already finished bathing and was sitting in front of her computer drawing. Tomorrow, she had a day off, so even if she went to sleep later than normal tonight, it wouldn't matter. 《 Satisfactory 》's commissioning editor had asked her to draw a large poster for the collection edition. It wasn't until she had sketched a few drafts that she recalled that she still had ten more pages of yonkama left to draw. Her brows creased lightly.

Lunar New Year was early this year. In a month's time, she would have to go to work at Fantasy Wardrobe while drawing. It seemed that turning in her manuscript on time would be a bit more difficult.