Chapter 19 - The body is an asset of overtime work.

Chapter 19 — The body is an asset of overtime work. How will you have a healthy body to work overtime if you don't exercise?  

The next morning at 6:30AM, Jian Yan got out of bed to begin making breakfast. Because she had been sharing food with He Xiu these past few days, she placed greater thought into her dishes than she had done formerly. She paid attention to his tastes and guaranteed that each day's dishes were not the same.

All sorts of vegetables and meat were stacked neatly in her refrigerator, many of which had been brought over by Lin Zhen yesterday. Jian Yan thought for a moment before taking out the steak. She intended to grill it for herself to consume.

What else should she make? She stood in front of the refrigerator, pondering. Celtuce, lotus root, sweet potato, tomato, chicken wings that Lin Zhen had given her yesterday as well...

There wasn't enough time to stew soup, so she may as well stew some ginkgo nuts and sweet potato sweet soup and then make coke chicken wings.

Deciding on the lunch menu, she grabbed every ingredient that she needed. Sweet soup needed to be stewed for approximately one hour, so if she started now, she should barely finish in time. Her lips curled into a smile as she tied her hair back and began to shell the ginkgo nuts.

While Jian Yan bustled in her kitchen, He Xiu was also preparing lunch in his kitchen. The strong fragrance of daikon and braised meat made the housekeeper come scuttling into the kitchen to take a look.

"Eldest Young Master, you are getting up this early to cook?" The housekeeper was somewhat surprised. The day before yesterday, he had also stayed up late into the night to cook pork soup, and yet he still woke up today at dawn to braise meat?

He Xiu looked at the heat control on the stove and then tilted his head to smile at the housekeeper. "Mn, these past few days, I have been cooking my own food to bring to eat at work."

The housekeeper said, "If you aren't used to eating the dining hall's food at work, then tell me what you want to eat, and I'll make it for you. Look at you, waking up so early, shouldn't you rest some more?"

He Xiu said, "No need. I am only making one dish, and it doesn't take up a lot of time. You can do your own things."

The housekeeper glanced at the pot with the braised meat again and nodded, saying, "Then if you need anything, call for me."

"Okay."

?

At noon, Jian Yan carried her lunchbox to eat in the dining hall. As expected, she caught sight of He Xiu sitting at their usual seat. She walked up and greeted him naturally. "Good afternoon, Director He."

He Xiu raised his head slightly and smiled at her. "Good afternoon."

Jian Yan, as a manhua artist, habitually studied a person's face thoroughly. Perhaps because the angle was too good, her heart unexpectedly began to beat faster.

Just like how sometimes the handsome male lead she drew would do the same.

She coughed, then sat down. "You made daikon and braised meat today?"

"Mn, this is my signature dish." After he said this, he paused and added two more words. "One of."

Jian Yan laughed and opened her own lunchbox. "Today you haven't made soup, but it just so happened that I made sweet soup with ginkgo and sweet potato."

Steam wafted up from the sweet soup when she opened the lid, permeating the air with pure sweetness.

"It seems like the mark of a very alluring favored concubine."