Chapter 67

After Lin Zhen's mother entered the kitchen, the atmosphere in the living room became somewhat awkward. Lin Zhen coughed and whispered to Tang Zheng, "How much did you spend on those things? I'll pay you back later."

Tang Zheng replied, "I naturally gifted that to auntie with good intentions. Furthermore, your argument of paying me back, are you looking down on me?"

Lin Zhen: "..."

Fine.

Although there were only three people at the meal, Lin Zhen's mother filled the entire table with dishes. Yesterday, she brought sausages and bacon over for Lin Zhen as well as a few cooked dishes. Therefore, she made their hometown's delicacies for Tang Zheng to experience. During the meal, she made inquiries to clearly understand Tang Zheng's age, work, monthly income, and family circumstances. Lin Zhen felt like facepalming as she listened.

Tang Zheng, however, had already mentally prepared himself well before coming over, so this time, Lin Zhen's mother's quick-fire questioning did not scare him away. It seemed that every aspect of Tang Zheng was very pleasing, as Lin Zhen's mother's smile became increasingly brilliant.

After the meal, Lin Zhen helped her mother put away the dishes and utensils. Tang Zheng felt bad sitting there alone and thus wanted to help as well. Lin Zhen was carrying a bowl in her hands when she saw him about to stand up. She turned her head and sent him a look, warning him to not cause trouble. When she had turned around, however, Tang Zheng got up. Their lips met.

Tang Zheng: "..."

Lin Zhen: "..."

The two of them had not returned to reality yet after being terrified by this occurrence by the time Lin Zhen's mother had walked out from the kitchen. She half-covered her eyes and exclaimed, "Oh! You youngsters, so passionate."

The two of them separated at top speed, too embarrassed to speak of it. Tang Zheng hurriedly explained, "That, I suddenly recall that I have a matter to attend to. I'm taking off!"

Tang Zheng, just like last time, ran off.

Lin Zhen's mother mockingly smiled at Lin Zhen. "Aiyo, this young man is still very pure and innocent. There wasn't even tongue, yet he looks so bashful."

Lin Zhen: "..."

Her feet rapidly took her out of the room, a pa sound accompanying her as she slammed shut the door.

Left behind in the dining room, Lin Zhen's mother was confused. How come just a moment ago, they were very comfortable with answering her questions, and then, in a blink of an eye, they became shy like little girls?

"I indeed cannot understand you youngsters," Lin Zhen's mother mumbled to herself before continuing to tidy the table.

She stayed at Lin Zhen's place for three days. During this time, she mentioned several times to Lin Zhen how Tang Zheng should join them again, but Lin Zhen refused on the notion that Tang Zheng was too busy with work.

On the fourth day, after she drove her mother back home, she drove, alone, to the studio. Since that accident last time, she had not contacted Tang Zheng, not since that awkward red envelope chat.

She kept recalling that kiss, however—even in her dreams. The influence simply insisted on lingering on. Closing the door to her office, Lin Zhen felt her temple ache dully. It must have been too long since she last touched a man intimately, so that was why a single kiss disturbed her so much.

No, no, that was not a kiss; that was an accident.

After comforting herself again, Lin Zhen felt that she could not spin a cocoon around herself. She wanted to go outside and explore. Very quickly turning on her computer, she went online and bought herself a plane ticket to Italy.