|1|

Small..pretty..sparkling..and eye grabbing.

Those were the ways I described the ring in my hand. The diamond ring that effortlessly gripped my finger the day I found out. The diamond ring I once impulsively threw across the room in a fit of pain and anger.

I was considered lucky, really. I didn't have this happen years and years later on. It only happened two years in. Four months had passed since that day. I still love him more than I can fathom, but sometimes I selfishly can't help but wish he'd never said a word to me. Right now I consider myself to be sort of like the Earth. 75% anger, like the oceans. And 25% sadness, like our land.

But right now I was every single fiber of land on this planet and I could cry enough tears to nurse the bodies of all the dehydrated people on the planet back to health.

I felt the tears rush to my eyes as I watched the ring that once made me the happiest girl alive glisten in the small amount of light leaking into my room. Just as I was about to start bawling, my door flew open.

"A.J I HA- oh sweetie..are you okay?"Alexa started shouting but quickly stopped once she saw my current state. I shook my head, not being able to even speak.

She sat on my bed and pulled me into her arms. I started to quietly cry, still holding my ring. "I know babe, I know. Let it out. It's okay. You're doing good."She cooed in my ear.

I took a deep breath, pulling myself together a bit. "I'm sorry, I was looking at the ring trying to come to terms with the whole thing more but I just couldn't."

"Shhh, no apologies. He left you, you're allowed to be a puddle."She said with a hint of humor. I smiled a little bit but still sat there with my head on her shoulder.

"Oh yeah, what were you saying when you came in?"I asked. I felt a bit selfish for not asking sooner.

Alexa and I are best friends, basically sisters. We've lived together since I what happened with my ex fiancé, Joey, but we met through me doing a photoshoot of her nearly two years ago. She's been my rock throughout this whole thing to be honest.

"Well, I have a shoot in 5 days. But this isn't just a photo shoot. No ma'am, this..is..A MUSIC VIDEO!!"She practically screamed at the end. I instantly sat up nearly falling off my bed with excitement.

"ALEXA OH MY GOSH THIS IS YOUR BIG BREAK!! OH MY GOD!! THIS IS AMAZING I KNEW YOU WOULD GET ONE EVENTUALLY!!"I yelled.

"I KNOW!!"We joined hands while jumping up and down screaming and hugging creating a massive hurricane of girl-ness.

"BUT..I'm only taking the offer under one condition. You, Missy, have to come with me."She confessed. My face fell.

"Alexaaaa, you know I haven't wanted to go anywhere. Go without me, you'll be okay."I whined. Ever since the incident I've avoided going places because I didn't want anyone hitting on me or even me catching feelings for a guy again.

"No, absolutely not. A.J, you're never going to get better unless you leave the house and try. It's been 6 months, you know I love you but you need to suck it up and come with me. I'm not taking no for an answer, I already told them yes and that I have one person joining me."She tried to persuade me, aka basically force me.

I groaned the loudest I have in ages. As much as I hated it, she was completely right. I had to trust to her, she's helped me through every bad thing in my life.

"Fine. But don't expect me to be as peppy as a cheerleader during tryouts. Who's the music video for anyway?"I asked as I flopped down onto my bed again.

"Chase Atlantic, the song is called Cassie. I have a clip of it on my phone."She smiled as she said their name. They sounded a little bit familiar but I'm not sure why.

She started to play the song and it was really really good. It had a nice vibe. "Do you play Cassie?"I guessed.

"Yep and there's a chance you'll be an extra in the party scene."She grinned with excitement beaming from her body.

"Not gonna lie, you being a model really has its perks."We laughed. I closed my eyes as they became tired from crying.

"Take a nap, we have to start getting ready to leave. We leave in two days, we have to drive to LA. Everyone in the video stays at the same hotel so that's already pre-booked and paid for."She informed me once more. I nodded. Seconds later I drifted off to sleep, both excited and nervous.

A/N: helloooo, this is my first chase Atlantic/mitchel fic so don't judge me please I'm very bad at writing lol. I'm really excited about this, A.J has a really interesting life story that will slowly be told along with the meeting of Mitchel. I hope everyone that stumbled across this book enjoyed it as much as me❤

-Kerra