|22|

"So, this is my old house."I unlocked the door. Mitchel stepped in ahead of me. I put the spare key back where it was and pulled our suitcases inside.

"Wow, it's nice. It feels homey."He took in the atmosphere. My mom was at the hospital as well as my dad. We had the house to ourselves. Our flight went well, Mitchel fell asleep during the last half of Monsters Inc but as expected I was too anxious about Sylvia.

"Yeah, I miss it now that I'm here. Nothing really replaces the feeling of family."I took a minute to look at everything. Not a whole lot had changed, there were a few small things like pictures that were different.

"Sooo, what's the plan?"He asked. I snapped out of my reminiscing.

"We can go put our stuff in my old room plus I have to change, we can head to the hospital in an hour ish. Are you hungry or anything?"I asked. He shook his head.

"Are we in the same room?"

"Yeah, there's no guest room."I started to drag my suitcase up the stairs. His facial expression turned soft.

"Same bed?"He asked again. I nodded with a smirk at how his brain never failed to think of a romantic situation. I saw a small smile tug at his lips.

We went down the hall into my bedroom. The walls were still that lilac purple, my dressers were still black. My fouton couch was still in the corner. Everything was just the way I left it.

I inhaled the scent of the room, somehow it still smelled like me. It was a relaxing room, I had fairy lights strung along the whole boarder but they'd be pointless in daylight. Mitchel stood behind me.

"This is really nice."He looked around. It then hit me that my bed was a twin, meaning it was extremely slim. We could fit but it'd be a squeeze.

"Thanks, umm. You can sleep on the couch if you want to. The bed will be a really tight squeeze for us."I told him. He glanced over at my bed with a slightly disappointed expression.

"Oh, yeah sure."He shrugged. I plopped my suitcase onto the bed and started looking for better clothes than just pajamas. I only cared because if my sister woke up she'd hate me looking like a mess over her.

I found my black crop top with white strips, leggings, and a hoodie just in case. "Uhh, I have to change so just don't look for a minute okay?"I asked Mitchel. He nodded.

I quickly changed and packed my clothes away. "You're good."I said. Mitty looked back at me admiring my outfit.

"Damn you cute."He winked at me. I chuckled and wanted to go throw my arms around him and kiss him. But that'd be too much right now.

Instead I just smiled and tossed a shirt at him. I looked in the mirror at my blonde hair that was messily thrown in a bun. I decided I'd just leave it down, as if I really do much else with it.

"So is there anything I shouldn't say to your parents?"Mitchel asked from the couch. I hesitated.

"Not much I can think of. Just don't really ask a ton about Sylvia I guess unless they seem okay, don't say anything about sex or drugs. If you wanna smoke squeeze my hand so I know. They're laid back, they know the music because they were wondering who I'm touring with."I instructed. He slowly nodded. I put some makeup on and decided I was ready.

"Okay, we gotta go."I checked the time to see it was noon. He got up from the couch and fixed his belt. I grabbed my purse and looked at him.

"Whatever happens, I'm here for you. It'll be okay."He reassured me yet again. I hugged him and kissed his collar bone. His body relaxed.