|30|

"Mitchel Charles Cave, will you make me the happiest woman alive again and be my boyfriend?"I balanced on one knee. He started laughing at the proposal, I knew he loved it.

"Yes of course."He pulled me up into his arms. There was an eruption of cheers and exploding confetti tubes. I jumped as I had no idea they got those.

"You're amazing."He looked down at me. I beamed with happiness. I almost forgot the best part.

I reached into my back pocket and pulled out a small box. I popped it open, it was my now old engagement ring. "This is for you. I want you to hold onto it. The other night when we were fighting I threw it at you, but you gave it back to me. You didn't just walk off and leave it there. So I want you to hold onto it since we're together, I'm yours now. I don't need this anymore."I gave him the box. Now he was just about crying.

"I'm gonna take care of it, and if you ever wanna see it just tell me. I understand. I told Joey a long time ago I'd take care of you."He put it in his back pocket. I raised a brow.

"You told him?"I asked. He nodded. Music was playing in the background.

"I talked to him one day, and I said I didn't know how things would turn out for us but that I respect him and I would take care of you. I guess just asking for approval, so apparently it was approved."He chuckled. I choked up and hugged him again.

"Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!"They all started chanting. I looked behind me now to see that Sleeping With Sirens and Palaye Royal had joined us. Mitchel cupped my face with his hands and pressed his lips against mine.

I smiled into the kiss and threw my arms up in the air as if I'd won something, the cheers got louder. I deepened the kiss and he picked me up. It felt amazing. We pulled away with our heads leaning against each other. My hair fell into his face.

"Thank you for all of this. I really needed it. I'm beyond happy you're mine."He kissed me again. I pushed my hair behind my ears while still being in his arms.

"You deserve it. I'm glad we're together, we kind of acted like it anyway."I snickered. He nodded in agreement and put my down. I heard a ringing noise from behind me.

"Attention everybody!"

I looked in the direction of the noise to see Clinton and Alexa standing in the front of the room. He was tapping a glass to get the attention. Oh dear.

"We would like to propose a toast to the new couple. I'm the brother of the boyfriend."Clint started the speech. Alexa was already giggling.

"And I'm the best friend, basically sister, of the girlfriend."She spoke up. Mitchel put his arms around me.

"I'd just like to say I'm very happy you two are together now, you've been into each other from the start. A.J there's nobody else I could see for Mitchel as of right now, you're a very very good friend to us all and we love you with all our hearts. However if you hurt my brother don't think there won't be a consequence, you can count on the band and I for that."he joked about the last part. I laughed along with everyone else in the room.

"And I feel the same way. I saw A.J at her worst and now to have Mitchel come into her life is honestly a blessing. I'm so glad you two are together now. But of course as her soul sister, Mitchel if you hurt her I won't hesitate to hurt you back. My claws are always sharpened, but seriously I wish you guys the best. This feels like a marriage reception."She did her part. They raised their plastic cups in celebration but Mitchel and I didn't have cups.

"Uhhh.."Mitchel chuckled, I darted over to the drinks table and got two cups of some liquor. I gave him one and raised mine in the air.

"Cheers!"We all said in unison. I kissed him before taking a sip of what turned out to be tequila. The music got louder and everyone crowded the dance floor. Lex came up to me.

"You okay?"She checked in quietly. I nodded even though deep down today was a special day for another reason. She rubbed my arm knowingly and left it at that. I touched my tattoo in honor of the day.

"Does this mean I get to call you babe?"Mitchel came back to me grabbing my hand. I sarcastically pretended like I was thinking about it.

"Only if I get to call you a prince."I proposed a deal. He leaned down to kiss me again, there was going to be a lot of that for a while.

"Deal."

"Dance time!!"Christian got to the dance floor, he was always the one to get everyone going. He started busting out some crazy dance moves to crack us up. I joined him in being weird.

"Twerk twerk twerk!"He cheered me on as I started to do my attempt at twerking, Mitchel whistled at me only making me blush. Alexa was laughing her ass of along with everyone else.

"Your turn Kras, TWERK IT!"I turned around to him. He got into the beat and moved his butt up and down the best he could. It wasn't very good which was why it was so funny, it just looked like someone who's ass was on fire trying to put the flame out.

"Holy crap this is the best thing I've seen."Alexa started recording. Kras made sexual eye contact with the camera, dear god.

Clinton suddenly came out of the crowd and stood between us. "Step aside, the top dancer has arrived."He motioned for us to move out of the way. Kras and I shared a look of fear. All of a sudden Clinton fell to the ground and started break dancing.

"OH SHIT!!"I cheered him on. Mitchel couldn't contain his laughter, I don't think any of us have seen Clinton do this.

"GO CLINTON! GO CLINTON!"We started a chant. He went on with his moves for a few minutes until he got back up standing. I pointed to Mitchel.

"You. Dance."I told him. He chuckled and came forward to me. He started to do the Macarena.

"I think the Macarena is officially sexy."I flirted a bit. He winked at me and grabbed my hands to do a little salsa. I gave him a look of being impressed.

"I didn't know you could dance."I raised a brow. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed Pat and Jesse doing a rockette kick sequence, I did my best not to laugh since I was talking to Mitty.

"My mom taught me, I haven't in a while though."He blew it off cooly. I pecked his cheek when a slow song came on.

"You know, I know what today is."He hesitated to say. I gave him a confused look.

"I know today would've been married to Joey for one year. I saw your mom's text, the screen lit up when I was next to your phone."He admitted. I huffed, I didn't want him to find out that way.

"I was going to tell you later, I don't want you to feel like you're my last resort or something. Just because he died doesn't mean I want you any less. I'm not with you just to be with someone now that he's gone, I'm doing this because I want to."I clarified. We rocked back and forth to the song playing. It was This Love by Taylor Swift. It seemed to describe our situation.

"I'm not upset, that'd be stupid."He chuckled. We leaned in and kissed each other. His lips were so soft, our noses lined up perfectly. I felt his hands rest right above my butt.

Just like the times before, it felt like electricity was coursing through my body when we touched. It felt like love. It felt real. It felt like it could make my heart beat a million miles an hour.

And suddenly I was whole again.

A/N: HOW EXCITED ARE YA'LL?!