|13|

"So we were leaving his parent's house, it was two in the morning. We took separate cars because we had arrived there at different times."I took a deep breath and started to explain. He nodded at me to keep going.

"I starter following him an-"I continued but was cut off by the sound of a door opening and closing.

"Are you sure about this? We started dating 5 hours ago."I heard Christian's voice mixed in with the shuffling of feet. Mitchel and I glanced at each other.

"Yeah, why not?"Alexa said, my eyes widened. I got up and peeked out my bedroom door. They were now making out and getting ready to do the deed.

"We gotta go."I whispered to Mitchel, he scrambled to get some of my things as did I.

"We come in peace!! We are leaving!! Goodbye!!"I rushed through the living room with my hands up, they nearly fell over from being so startled.

"Pretend like we were never here."Mitchel added, I opened the apartment door and we speed walked out.
Once we were down the hallway we burst out laughing.

"Where were we?"He asked and sat down on a bench outside of the apartment complex. I sighed.

"Uh, well we were leaving and..um..I..I don't.."My voice cracked. His eyes softened and he pulled me in for a hug.

"Shh, it's okay. You don't have to tell me now, I was being pushy and I won't want you to suffer the pain of having to mentally relive something. I understand."He rubbed my back as I started to cry a little, I half smiled.

"I wanna tell you, I really do. I just can't. Alexa and my family are the only ones who know, I don't really know how to tell the story I guess. I will one day I promise. I owe you."I looked into his eyes. Whenever I looked at him or touched him there was an overwhelming feeling of peace that honestly nobody has ever been able to do to me that much. It was reassuring in some ways.

"And that's okay, you'll get better with it. You're healing. Can I at least know how long ago it was though?"He cradled me to the point where I was on his lap. I quickly nodded.

"It'll be one year in a couple of weeks. It happened September 9th. There's a lot about me you don't know, you barely know me at all honestly. I'm not a bad person, at least I don't think I am. But I do want you to know me, I like you a lot Mitchel. I'm sorry if I ever seem like I'm pushing you out whether it happens in the future or if it already has. I'm that type of person sometimes."I sniffled, he never lost eye contact with me. A smile tugged at his lips.

"I can tell you're tough, you don't trust too easily. But you're in luck because neither do I. I get where you're coming from. I apologize for the same, I can be passive aggressive. I deal with addiction a lot, drinking and drugs are something I have a hard time staying away from no matter how much I want to. I think we'll both get there though."He rested his hand on mine. I could hear his heart beating. It was steady, normal. It was relaxing though.

"I wanna help you with your addiction. I've dealt with it in my family before, I know how it is."I sat up straight for seriousness. He smiled.

"I wish it was easy."He shook his head. I laid my head back on his shoulder for a few minutes. We stayed like that just enjoying it.

"Welp, should we go somewhere. I'm working on some music back at my place, well me and the boy's place. We could go there if you wanna come see?"He helped me up off the bench.

I raised a brow. "I thought you guys were touring?"I asked him.

"We are, we're leaving tomorrow actually. But since we were here yesterday we stopped by our place. We live here in LA just not at this particular moment." He explained, I felt a wave of sadness.

"Oh..you're leaving?"I asked. He sighed but still nodded. We started walking out to my car.

"We have nineteen shows left. We're opening for sleeping with sirens. We play tonight and head to San Diego tomorrow. Then Colorado I think and so on. I wish I didn't have to make this a distanced friendship though."He opened the car door for me as he usually does.

"Yeah me either, but hey it gets you guys out there. We'll work through it."I lightly tapped on the steering wheel as I spoke. I started the car and he gave me directions.

"I wonder if Christian will want Alexa to tag along on the rest of the tour..."

A/N: fun fact I discovered chase because of sleeping with sirens. I went to a sleeping with sirens concert and didn't know who chase was and told my parents it was okay if we missed the opening acts cause we were running late....
Year and a month later I'm still mad
Also wow I finally updated after no joke I think like two months smfh