Chapter Five

****** Two Weeks Later****
Casandra found herself staring off into space, yet again. She couldn't sleep she couldn't eat. She kept playing their conversation over and over in her mind and always end up crying in the end. After a lot of persuading, Olin finally talked her into meeting him for lunch. His heart broke for his friend. She was pale and skinny. The sparkle in her eyes was gone. Olin shyly smiled to her and pulled her into a friendly hug, "You okay?"

Casandra pressed her eyes and started to sob, "Oh God.. It's terrible.."

Olin pressed his eyes to hide his own sadness for her.
*************

After Casandra calmed down, she told him everything that had happened. He was surprised with Tyler's honesty. Obviously, he felt guilt for his attraction to Vicki. "Have you seen him since?"

She looked down at her hands to hide her tears, "Just once. I told him a time to come by to get some of his belongings, but he purposely told me he was gone, when I came back, he told me he was sorry for hurting me. That he loved me.. but.." Olin squeezed her hand for her to continue. Casandra covered her eyes as she cried, "When I asked him if he still felt the same way about sleeping with her he said yes. Why.. Why is he torturing me?"

Olin felt anger building up inside him as he thought, "Too long have I stood by and let Vicki destroy woman after woman, marriage after marriage. Fuck her!" Olin squeezed Casandra's hand again, "Look at me.." Casandra lifted her red eyes to him, "You did nothing wrong. You are a beautiful, smart, and fucking attractive woman. Just because the only one person that you love doesn't see that, makes you feel as though your nothing. Don't let it! Do you understand me?"

She was shocked at his bluntness, "I.. Thank you.."

Casandra did feel better after their talk. She sighed as he walked her to her car, "Please tell your wife thank you for letting me take up your time. I would love to meet her sometime."

Olin nervously cleared his throat, "Maybe that could be arranged. I'm sure she would love to meet you too."

Casandra smiled and slid into to her car. Olin sighed as he watched her drive away. Operation, Pave Paradise was now a go. Tyler will wished he never laid eyes on Vicki. He was going to break him for hurting Casandra.

***************
Casandra sighed as Tyler stared from across their restaurant table, "You look beautiful."

She shyly looked away as she nervously rubbed her bare arm, "Thanks."

He nibbled on his bottom lip as he continued to study her, "So, how have you been?"

She looked to him with resentment, "How have I been? Terrible, but I'm sure you've been just fine with Vicki."

He quickly grasped her hand, "I swear to you, I haven't slept with her.."

Casandra looked away, "Why stay with me, if you don't want me?"

He shook his head, "I never said I didn't want you. If I could I would throw you down on this table right now and fuck you.."

She pulled her hand back and looked away, "But.. Your thinking of her when you sleep with me.. I'm not good enough anymore."

Tyler's mouth went dry, "That's not true.. Your amazing.."

Casandra shook as she looked to him, "But you did think about her when you fucked me?"

Tyler leaned back in his chair with a flexed jaw, "Yes."

Casandra pointed her finger up as the waiter passed by, "Check please!"

Tyler's eyes widened as she pushed up from the table and watched as she quickly paid the waitress for their meal, "Keep the change."

He quickly followed her out as she made her way to the car, "Cassandra! Stop! Please hear me out!" He lightly grasped both shoulders to stop her.

Casandra hid her pain filled face as she looked down, "Let go of me.. Please, just let me go.."

"No! I love you, let me do this and I swear I will be the husband and farther you want me to be."

Casandra looked to him with a shocked open mouth, "What's in it for me?"

He stepped back, "What do you mean? You get me... All of me.."

Casandra tried to hold back a cackle as she leaned forward holding her sides and laughed, "Holly shit!" She looked back up to his shocked face, "Did you just hear yourself?"

He pursed his lips as he held back his embarrassment, "I.. If you love me.. This is the only way.."

Casandra placed her hands on her hips and turned away, "Fuck it! Sure, go ahead and have your little time with her." She turned back to face him with a pointed finger, "But I'm not going to guarantee the outcome of our marriage afterwards." She tilted her head and pressed her hands together as though she was praying, "But since this means so much to you, go ahead, by all means do it. Since only your happiness is the only thing that matters."

Tyler stepped towards her, "We are going to get through this."

She shrugged carelessly, "Hmm.. But are YOU really worth it? I'm just not sure anymore." She sighed and walked away.

Tyler was shocked and hurt by her words, "Not worth it! I... Shit.. Am I being selfish..? She really didn't mean that, did she?"

********
Did you like the chapter?

What do you think Olin will do?

Will Tyler regret sleeping with Vicki?

If yes, why?