Chapter Twenty Three

Olin looked left and right down the busy sidewalk. He growled as he spotted her almost half a block away. She was briskly walking as she made her get away. Cassandra gasped as she felt a firm grip on her shoulder. Olin spun her around as he caught his breath, "Where in the Hell are you going?"

"Away from you!" She turned to walk away but he didn't let go.

"Listen to me! She is lying. She only told you that to hurt you!"

Cassandra shoved away from his grasp, "Then why did you tell Tiff I had something of yours?"

Olin pointed at her bump, "Because! It is mine! You and the baby are my responsibility!"

"No Olin. I can't trust you. I'm sorry."

He sighed as he looked up and placed his hands on his hips. He thought for a moment and smiled. Cassandra wrinkled her brow as he lowered his happy expression to her, "I'll prove it.." Cassandra slightly shook her head in disbelief as he loosened his tie. He then took off his jacket and dropped it on the sidewalk.

Cassandra took a step back, "Olin, what are you doing?"

He chuckled and bit his bottom lip, "Showing off."

Cassandra's eyes widened, "Don't you dare!"

Olin was now unbuttoning his shirt. Her heart jumped as she saw his chest. He chuckled at her distressed and made an "O" face as he unbuttoned his pants. Cassandra gulped as she saw his "V". She was embarrassed to say that she was aroused. "Olin, stop or your going to be arrested!"

"Not until you believe me."

She screamed right before he was about to pull down underwear and dress slacks, "Okay!" He stopped to listen, "I believe you.. For now.."

He smirked with confidence as he secured his pants, but left his shirt open and his tie hanging loose around his neck. Cassandra growled as he lifted his hand up, "After you."

She huffed and rolled her eyes as they walked back to the car.

**********

Cassandra kept her angry brow forward as Olin drove, "How..'How far would you.."

"All the way." He cut his smile to her small form.

"Proud of that thing aren't cha?"

He couldn't control his laugh, "You liked it, and look at what it made." She turned a cocked brow to him. Olin nervously cleared his throat, "I mean, what we made."

Cassandra sighed and looked out her window, "The baby's not a mistake, I just made a terrible one."

Olin quickly looked to her and the road as he drove, "I'm sorry Cassandra. Really I am. Please give me a chance like you gave Tyler."

She pressed her eyes, "I..." She didn't know why his betrayal hurt worse than Tyler's. This was a tough one to understand.

"I'll give you time. Just please, don't shut me out. I just want to take care of you."

She was in a daze as she spoke, "Treat me like the treasure that I am?"

Olin gulped at her words, "Yes."

"But last time you treated me like trash."  She turned to him, "Why did you do it? How could you do it?"

"I had suffered a whole year with my soon to be ex wife, for the sake of my nephew. I felt like all of it was thrown away."

"By me?"

Olin held back tears, "Yes."

"I trusted you, but you had none in me. What's so different now?"

He snapped his face to hers, "Because Kim told me it was a males voice two weeks ago."

"Why didn't you ask her sooner?"

Olin leaned his head back as he tried to think, but told the truth, "I didn't know about the baby until two weeks ago."

Cassandra's voice got louder, "So it's not me you want. If you hadn't known about the baby, and still knew the truth, you could give two shits to what happened to me!"

He feverishly shook his head as he continued to drive, "No, I tried to forget about you, but couldn't!"

"Bull Shit Olin!"

He couldn't take it anymore, "What?! What do I have to do to prove it?! I just almost went free balling on the street for you!" Cassandra's mouth turned into an angry smirk as she tried to contain her amusement. Olin looked to her, "Are you smiling?"

"No!"

"Yes you are!"

Cassandra looked to her window, "Just because I'm enjoying torturing you."

"If it makes you happy, then be my guest."

She turned her shocked expression back to him, "What?"

He turned his serious handsome face to her, "Put me through Hell. I deserve it."

She didn't know what to say. Cassandra was completely lost. The fact that he welcomed it, made her feel terrible guilt. Her anger was gone, but the trust still wasn't there.

*********
Did you like the chapter? ( No too short responses please)

What do you think will happen next?

Will Cassandra ever trust Olin again?