Chapter Sixteen

Luke: 17:3,
"If your brother or sister sins against you, rebuke them; and if they repent, forgive them."

*************^

Cassandra popped her neck side to side as she continued to finish her article for a local city magazine. Her eyes cut to her phone as a text message came through. "Tyler?" She thought.

"Hi."

She was about to ignore it until the next one immediately came through, "No more monsters. I scared them all away."

She was intrigued, "Really now? How?"

"Therapist and a big bill to go with it."

She actually smirked at the last one, "I agree. They are extremely expensive."

There was a long pause until he responded, "I'm so sorry."

Her lip quivered as she typed, "What can I do for you Mr. Pinion?"

He smiled as he cried, she always had little ways to put him in his place when the mood struck her. " I want to start our separation, so we can proceed with a divorce.."

There was a long pause from her, "How do you want to do this?"

"As civil as possible."

She smirked, "So with me owning half of everything, you'll give up a nut?"

"I said civil, but you went straight to the jewels."

She covered her mouth as she laughed and then typed, "It's about time you showed up again."

" I'm comfortable with you bringing Olin if you don't want to see me alone."

Cassandra immediately knew that Olin would try to hurt him; she eagerly texted, "Time and public place?"

Tyler smiled as he texted her the location.

Cassandra beamed as she responded, "See you then."

***********

Cassandra held her breath as the second pink light line showed up on the pregnancy test. Tears of joy spilled onto her cheeks. She tried to come up with a clever way of telling Olin. She smiled as she remembered an empty necklace jewelry box in her top dresser drawer. She placed the test inside and wrapped it with wrapping paper. She couldn't wait to tell hm.

****************

Tyler stood as Cassandra approached his table. She smiled back as he pulled out her chair, "Thank you.."

He eagerly took his seat, "So, how are you?"

She carelessly shrugged her shoulders, "Great! I..." She stopped and wondered if she should tell him.

"What? It's okay. We are friends here, and as you can see; no liquor. He eagerly tapped his water glass.

"I found out this morning, that I'm pregnant."

Tyler's eyes widened as he smiled. She was floored by his reaction, "That's great!"

She raised her eyebrows, "Really?"

"Yes. I am truly happy for you. Maybe not him, but I know you're going to be an excellent mother."

She looked down to hold back tears. Tyler leaned and squeezed her hand, "Hey now.. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you so upset."

She looked up to him and sighed, "I still love you."

He smirked and leaned back, "I will always love you." He paused as he made himself push out the words, "My dear friend."

After an hour of discussing the separation, Cassandra excused herself to the rest room while leaving her phone on the table. Tyler carelessly looked around the restaurant until his eyes fell on it. His heart pounded as the voice in his mind said, "Do it! It's now or never!" He quickly picked up her phone and scrolled through her contacts and found what he was looking for.

**************

As they stood on a busy sidewalk, Tyler offered her a hand shake but she shook her head, and pulled him to a tight hug. She eased open her eyes as he whispered in her ear, "You will be happy."

She was puzzled as he pulled from their hug and walked away. "What did he mean?", she thought.

**************

Cassandra shyly stood before the apartment door as she heard Olin enter. She swayed back and forth with the surprise behind her back. Her smile quickly disappeared as Olin stood silently glaring at her, "Why did you do it?"

"Do... Do what Olin?"

He eagerly held out his hand, "Give me your phone!"

Cassandra reached into her pocket and gasped as he jerked it from her hand. She watched as he searched through her recent calls and found the evidence he needed. She stepped back as he changed her and pressed the phone into her face, "Why did you tell Kim about Vicki and my brother?!"

Cassandra was at a loss for words, "Olin.. I didn't tell her anything! I don't know why that came up! Maybe I butt dialed her!"

"Where were you when this call was made?"

She gulped but told the truth, "I met Tyler for lunch to.."

Olin roared as he threw her phone against the wall, making it smash into pieces. "Get out!"

Cassandra was sobbing as she held up the box, "Olin I have.."

"I don't want your fucking gift!" He grabbed the box and threw it. She watched as it landed under the couch. He then roughly grabbed her arms and ushered her to the door. He grabbed her purse and a pair of shoes and shoved them into her arms as he pushed her out of the apartment. She turned back as he slammed the door in her face.

Cassandra shook all over with fear and disbelief. She felt as though she was falling, but the pit had no end.

*************
Sorry for the sad chapter, but am I really?

What happens next?